Hey you guys, i just joined the forum. Im applying to Barry University Miami campus. I am still waiting on CASPA to finish processing my transcript..Is anyone still waiting on CASPA to finish up somethings?? I'm feeling anxious over here.

Hey you guys, i just joined the forum. Im applying to Barry University Miami campus. I am still waiting on CASPA to finish processing my transcript..Is anyone still waiting on CASPA to finish up somethings?? I'm feeling anxious over here.

CASPA made a mistake on my application so my "complete" date was two weeks after the day I submitted. I'm patiently waiting to be verified. Luckily, it's not really considered late in the application cycle yet so I wouldn't worry too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kaydeeeye thanks so much! Which campus are you applying to?

Miami Shores! :) And I was finally verified today, yay!

@kaydeeeye yay!! I'm happy for u!! I am applying there too, CASPA finally finished my transcript process on the 24th so now I'm just waiting to be verified!

Guest JPG13

Received an invite for Miami Shores but will be declining. Hope that opens up a spot for one of you.

Guest tpa18

Hello. For those of you who received interview invites, do you mind letting us know when your application was verified by CASPA? Thanks! 

Hi Everyone,

I completed my CASPA and was verified in May! I have all the prerequisites, Bachelors in Health Science, and took the GRE! I received a letter stating I have all the credentials and waiting for a call in September! My essay is strong and exhibits my passion for the PA career! Problem is I'm 27 and my husband and I would like another child. It truly is a fine balance between family and an intense program such as this one! I applied to the St. Petersburg campus! I wish everyone luck!

• Upvote 1

No, in September they will be making phone calls for interviews. In the meantime, I'm taking prerequisites for the anesthesiologist assistant program and getting my CNA certification! Options are always wise!

Congratulations Ryanistryin, your tryin is paying off! Hopefully I'll join you! When did you submit your CASPA?

Is anyone from Michigan trying to plan this trip to St. Croix? Long-shot I know, but I am trying to get some insight for booking these flights! Message me if you are!

Hi Seaweed1029, I will be starting at the St. Croix campus in a few weeks (so excited!) and I am from Michigan. There are many places to stay, some more expensive than others. I personally used Orbitz to book my flight and hotel. I know a couple places do give a discount if you call them directly and mention you are here for the Barry PA interview. Another thing, many of the cheaper flights from Michigan have two stops, but I would suggest choosing the one stop since it is stressful enough preparing for your interview, and then dealing with layovers just adds on to that :/ But that's just me. What I highly recommend, since the interview is on a Friday, is to fly in on Thursday, rent a car, and stay the weekend on St. Croix; it is a beautiful island and truly worth exploring! I think you will be very impressed by the staff and students that you will meet! Good luck to everyone!

• Upvote 1

MicroPA,

Thank you for all of your advice! I am booking a flight today, unfortunately the only flight that works for me has 2 stops! However, I am leaving Thursday the 10th and staying until the 13th through Airbnb. I am very excited to see the island and explore! My place is very close to the school so I am trying to decide if I should rent a car or just taxi. I can't wait to meet everyone and tour the school- I'm already preparing for the interview, I want to go here so badly, I just worry about the amount of students they accept so I'm trying to keep calm!

Maybe I should call them, did you check up on your application with them? I hope I get an interview and accepted! However, like I said, I have other options. I'm not going to be too bumbed whatever happens happens. Good luck!!!

I accepted the interview offer at St. Croix on September 18th! I'll be traveling on the 17th and leaving on the 21st. Anyone else attending the interview on 18th? My dad used to live in St. Croix so if anyone needs help with travel/stay information I'm open to help! I'm so excited :)

I accepted the interview offer at St. Croix on September 18th! I'll be traveling on the 17th and leaving on the 21st. Anyone else attending the interview on 18th? My dad used to live in St. Croix so if anyone needs help with travel/stay information I'm open to help! I'm so excited :)

I'd like some help! My St. Croix interview is Sept. 11.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By boomboompaopao
      Hello All,

Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Group at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida is looking to add another PA. We currently have 3 Surgeons and 4 PA's. Salary is based on experience. If you or anyone you know may be interested, feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks!

Paolo Calizo, PA-C
      paopaocali@gmail.com
    • By boomboompaopao
      Hello All,

Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Group at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida is looking to add another PA. We currently have 3 Surgeons and 4 PA's. Salary is based on experience. If you or anyone you know may be interested, feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks!

Paolo Calizo, PA-C
      paopaocali@gmail.com
    • By NPthePA2018
      Undergrad Ed School: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
      Major (GPA) // Minor (GPA) : Biology (3.58) with 2 minors in Chemistry (2.9) & Psychology (4.0)
      Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.68
      Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.58
      Post Bachelor GPA: N/A
      Age at application time : 22
      1st GRE - V: 141 Q: 150 W: 3.0 // I unfortunately scheduled the GRE after taking 2 summer finals (Physics and Psychology of Individual Differences) so this score is pretty much a baseline for how I would do with minimal / no studying. 
      2nd GRE - V: 149 Q 161 W: 3.0 // The GRE prep I used was Magoosh and they did not have an analytical practice section so my AW score was the same, but my verbal and quantitative scores improved tremendously! Magoosh usually has pretty good sales for a 6 month subscription for $125 (regular price of 1 month subscription) around January and July. 
      Direct Patient Care : (Patient Care Technician / CNA)
      Cerebrovascular / Diabetic floor (2 years ~2,500 hours)
      Float pool / Anywhere in the hospital (~500 hours)
      Extracurricular / Leadership / Research Activities: 
      Greek organization // Junior and Senior scholarship committee
      Pre-PA club // Treasurer 2 full terms 
      UTC Medical Society // Member
      Volunteer for local hospital, Adult and Children's Emergency Room (200 hours) Children's Believe Campaign and St. Jude Up till Dawn participant (~25 hours), Girls on the Run (~10 hours)
      Supporter of various organizations such as Ronald McDonald House, Make A Wish foundation, TC Thomson's Children's Hospital, Girl Scouts of America 
      LOR
      PA in Neurosurgical and Spine Unit (Shadowed 150 hours)
      RN who's director/manager of Neuroscience (Known for 2 years)
      RN Clinical Staff Leader (Known for 1 year)
      Professor who I had 3 classes in Microbiology (B) , Immunology (A), and Microbial Ecology (A) 
      Saving one more recommendation request for a potential PA or MD 
      Personal Statement Topic: I talked about my personal childhood struggles with many health issues in my family & how I wanted to pursue a career that provides access to healthcare . I then weaned into my work experience at the hospital and mentoring. Ended it with a description of the PA I shadowed and all the qualities that I believe I had to be an important asset in healthcare.
      Schools Applied: Six. UTHSC, South College - Knoxville, South College - Nashville,  Lincoln Memorial University, Lipscomb University, and UAB
      Application Submitted Date:
      06/03 for UTSHC, LMU, and UAB
      Late June for South College Knoxville and Lipscomb
      Mid August for South College- Nashville
      Schools Received Application Date: Most of the schools received my application in less than a week after it was verified. Verified 2 days after I submitted my CASPA application. 
      Interview Invites: LMU
      Denied: UTHSC
      Waitlisted: UAB
      Accepted: N/A
      Attempts: 2nd (Applied pretty late 1st cycle to 1 school because of graduation/deadline issues so this theoretically would be my 1st real application cycle) 
      Plan B if all else fails:
      1. Pursue an accelerated Masters in Pharmacology to compensate all this waiting since most of these PA schools matriculate in August 2019 
      2. Take the MCAT. Some PA schools allow MCAT scores and would be a good refresher in basic prerequisite courses. 
      3. Shadow MD's, PA"s, NP's, PT's 
      I would greatly appreciate all the strengths and weaknesses in my current application. Any other ideas to improve my application would be helpful as well. Thank you guys so much! 
    • By Mackenzietejo
      Hello everyone,
      I am a 3rd year neuroscience, with a minor in psychology, Pre-PA student hoping to shadow a PA in any specialty! I am willing to travel to any part in South Florida. My email is mtejo2016@fau.edu 
    • By futurePAeryka
      I figured I would start the thread for this cycle! I applied yesterday 5/21 and CASPA verified 5/22, still waiting for an email confirmation that my application was received. Good luck to everyone this cycle!!!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More