• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey you guys, i just joined the forum. Im applying to Barry University Miami campus. I am still waiting on CASPA to finish processing my transcript..Is anyone still waiting on CASPA to finish up somethings?? I'm feeling anxious over here.

CASPA made a mistake on my application so my "complete" date was two weeks after the day I submitted. I'm patiently waiting to be verified. Luckily, it's not really considered late in the application cycle yet so I wouldn't worry too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest tpa18

Hello. For those of you who received interview invites, do you mind letting us know when your application was verified by CASPA? Thanks! 

Hi Everyone,

I completed my CASPA and was verified in May! I have all the prerequisites, Bachelors in Health Science, and took the GRE! I received a letter stating I have all the credentials and waiting for a call in September! My essay is strong and exhibits my passion for the PA career! Problem is I'm 27 and my husband and I would like another child. It truly is a fine balance between family and an intense program such as this one! I applied to the St. Petersburg campus! I wish everyone luck!

Is anyone from Michigan trying to plan this trip to St. Croix? Long-shot I know, but I am trying to get some insight for booking these flights! Message me if you are!

Hi Seaweed1029, I will be starting at the St. Croix campus in a few weeks (so excited!) and I am from Michigan. There are many places to stay, some more expensive than others. I personally used Orbitz to book my flight and hotel. I know a couple places do give a discount if you call them directly and mention you are here for the Barry PA interview. Another thing, many of the cheaper flights from Michigan have two stops, but I would suggest choosing the one stop since it is stressful enough preparing for your interview, and then dealing with layovers just adds on to that :/ But that's just me. What I highly recommend, since the interview is on a Friday, is to fly in on Thursday, rent a car, and stay the weekend on St. Croix; it is a beautiful island and truly worth exploring! I think you will be very impressed by the staff and students that you will meet! Good luck to everyone!

MicroPA,

Thank you for all of your advice! I am booking a flight today, unfortunately the only flight that works for me has 2 stops! However, I am leaving Thursday the 10th and staying until the 13th through Airbnb. I am very excited to see the island and explore! My place is very close to the school so I am trying to decide if I should rent a car or just taxi. I can't wait to meet everyone and tour the school- I'm already preparing for the interview, I want to go here so badly, I just worry about the amount of students they accept so I'm trying to keep calm!

Maybe I should call them, did you check up on your application with them? I hope I get an interview and accepted! However, like I said, I have other options. I'm not going to be too bumbed whatever happens happens. Good luck!!!

I accepted the interview offer at St. Croix on September 18th! I'll be traveling on the 17th and leaving on the 21st. Anyone else attending the interview on 18th? My dad used to live in St. Croix so if anyone needs help with travel/stay information I'm open to help! I'm so excited :)

I'd like some help! My St. Croix interview is Sept. 11.

Archived