• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI-- I spoke to someone in the office today and they said that confirmation emails are sent after CASPA applications are processed by the office. They are currently processing applications submitted in September

I submitted mine at the end of August and still have not received a confirmation email. I wonder how much longer it will take. 

• 2 weeks later...

until when will they be holding interviews? Just wondering when we start getting people off the waitlist. Also how are you guys handling being waitlisted? rejected? I find it disheartening. For those who got waitlisted here or somewhere else what are you doing to improve chances of getting accepted? are you updating the school evry so often?

until when will they be holding interviews? Just wondering when we start getting people off the waitlist. Also how are you guys handling being waitlisted? rejected? I find it disheartening. For those who got waitlisted here or somewhere else what are you doing to improve chances of getting accepted? are you updating the school evry so often?

I was waitlisted at St. Croix last year, reapplied this year, and got in. It's frustrating at first, but persistence pays off for sure!!

3 more interview groups including the one on the 29th.

• Competitive GPA's are 3.5+ (retake any prereqs that you didn't get an A in).
  • Even if a program doesn't require healthcare experience, competitive is 500+ hours. Barry didn't require HC experience, but almost everyone I talked to in the program had some (6 months - 14 years).
  • Refine your narrative.
  • More shadowing and PA or M.D. references.

I interviewed on 1/22 at Miami Shores and just heard back I'm waitlisted. Like someone else said it is disheartening :( Does anybody have any advice how to improve chance of getting off the waitlist? I still have my full time job as a MA, I'm taking more science classes, and will try to do more PA shadowing. Anything else I can do to improve my chance of getting off the waitlist?

And is it a better idea to retake prerequisite you didn't get A (I usually got B if I didn't get A, except for a C in 3rd quarter of gen Chem) in or take more upper level science classes?

Thanks for any reply!

Hey everyone,

I was fortunate enough to get a call/email today offering acceptance at St Croix and I know while I was applying I scoured the boards to get an idea of what they were looking for and the time frame for acceptance and everything so here it goes:

12/1/2015 - Apply through Caspa

12/17/2015 - Invitation to interview

1/22/2016 - Interview

1/26/2016 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time - Acceptance call

My undergrad grades were good, but by no means spectacular and not even close to all As. I had plenty of Bs (more Bs than As) in my science classes, with 2 Cs total throughout undergrad. I did take heavy class loads (4 science classes + 4 labs) a few of the semesters, and that may have balanced out not having the most phenomenal GPA.

My GRE scores were above average, but once again werent blowing anyones mind. I spent the last year working full time in the hospital and shadowing a PA several times weekly accumulating 1500 hours healthcare experience and 200 hours shadowing experience.

My advice to anyone else applying or reading this in the future - just be yourself during the interview. Don't try to answer interview questions as if it's a utopian world - be honest and let them see who you really are, not who you think they want you to be.

I hate to put myself out there like that, but I know I would've loved to find this information while I was applying. Good luck everybody, you got this!

Archived