2015-2016 Cycle (Class of 2018)

My advice would be to relax and be yourself because most of the interviewers use a conversational style of interview so scripted answers don't seem quite natural. I prepared by answering commonly asked PA interview questions and did one mock interview. I would prepare for some common ethical questions as well. One question I wasn't prepared for was what would be most challenging for me in PA school. Also, have some insight in what you've learned from your experiences. Even the ones from 5 years ago. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received the email detailing the itinerary for the January 9th interview session. I had no clue we needed to go to a dinner the night before and my flight isn't scheduled to arrive until after the dinner has begun. do y'all know if missing this dinner would decrease my chances of getting in (obviously I would notify the admissions person and let them know)? I will reschedule my flight if necessary since USA is my top school. 

Annie6598...the same thing happened to me at my interview on Nov 20 and I was still accepted! I had booked my flight before knowing about it. Although a lot of people said it was really nice and helpful, i do not think it will impact you negatively and it is an optional dinner! I wouldn't worry! Good luck in your interview!

Just received the email detailing the itinerary for the January 9th interview session. I had no clue we needed to go to a dinner the night before and my flight isn't scheduled to arrive until after the dinner has begun. do y'all know if missing this dinner would decrease my chances of getting in (obviously I would notify the admissions person and let them know)? I will reschedule my flight if necessary since USA is my top school.

For the Nov 20 interviews, we were told that the dinner would have no bearing on whether or not you get accepted. It's optional and is only with current students...no faculty or staff. It's beneficial to go to be able to ask any questions you want, but it shouldn't affect whether or not you get accepted.

To those who have been accepted, how are you going about finding housing? I know there is supposed to be a Facebook group created at some point (in the next few weeks?), but it would be nice to start talking to everyone! My friend suggested some places to me, but I would like to see if anyone wants to find a place together or has some input on how to find housing in a good area! Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Really looking forward to meeting everyone on the 8th! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the dinner that night, but best wishes to those of you interviewing on the 9th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to you as well as everyone else interviewing on the 8th!

To those who have been accepted, how are you going about finding housing? I know there is supposed to be a Facebook group created at some point (in the next few weeks?), but it would be nice to start talking to everyone! My friend suggested some places to me, but I would like to see if anyone wants to find a place together or has some input on how to find housing in a good area! Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Hey, Jessskenzie. I have been looking around for deals online and asking my friends in the area for information regarding housing. Fritz gave me some really good locations as well. I was waiting until the Facebook page was made to see if anyone would be willing to discuss possibly being roommates. I'll message you my Facebook information and what I've found so far.

For those of you looking for housing, here is my two cents: There are some parts of Mobile I was told to avoid living in when I first moved down here last summer, and I was glad that I spoke to some locals to scope the area out before I moved down with my wife and son. Prichard, Eight Mile, and Mobile east of I-65 were some of the areas I was warned not to look for housing. I'm not saying there aren't safe places to live in those areas, but those parts are kind of considered "sketchy", more crime, kind of run-down etc... Not somewhere I would want my wife and one-year-old to be hanging around for any period of time. West Mobile is the newer, more modern part of town with new subdivisions/nice apartment/town homes and good neighborhoods, good places for college age women and families to live, I'd recommend it to anyone. The area around the school has lots of housing options but it's more competitive and more expensive. Typical for a university area. Avoid Hillsdale and Mobile Terrace though, not the best areas even in West Mobile... We actually ended up moving to Semmes. It's about 20 minutes northwest of the University. We moved there because we were looking to live outside the main city. I grew up rural and like my space, and my wife and I wanted a yard for our son to play in. The only problem with Semmes is there isn't many apartments/new subdivision options to rent, mostly private renters so if you're interested you'll have to do your homework. We pay $650 for a 3 bed/2bath home from a private renter we found through some mutual friends. My friend who is currently in the program lives in a town home with his wife and 2 kids right by USA, but they pay around $750-850 and had to apply to live there several months in advance. 

We have loved living here so far, there is so much culture, good food (If you love seafood you gotta try Boiling Pot and Felix's on the causeway!!) and the people here are so kind! You're going to love it!

I interviewed on Friday, Nov. 20th, received my acceptance phone call on Tuesday, Nov. 24th and my official acceptance letter on Saturday, Nov 28th. Congrats to all who have been accepted and who have interviewed! I noticed some people received acceptances very quickly and some received theirs two or three weeks after, so don't worry! It can happen at any time!

How long after the interview was it when you received your phone call? I also interviewed Jan 8! Thanks!!

I interviewed in Nov. My timeline was the same as Jesskenzie. Since they did back to back interviews this time it may take a little longer...hard to say. Hope that helps!

Archived