2015-2016 Application Cycle

I too interviewed on the 25th and was wondering how they are reviewing applicants. Congradulations to all those who have been accepted!

I talked to another applicant who interview the same day as us and she didn't hear anything yet either so maybe they are sending out letter based on interview date? I'm not sure though, just trying to remain hopeful!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed September 8th and I got the acceptance email around 3pm. I am not sure how they are reviewing this. I have fingers crossed for the rest of you! We have all worked so hard to get to this point. I feel honored to be around such an amazing group of people. ????

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Was the interview really hard? and if you guys have gaps in your GPA, did they question that?

Interview was tailored to your application and story. So if you have gaps, be prepared to explain why. It was not hard, just basic PA interview questions like why do you want to become a PA? Why Touro-Nevada? ....etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected. They won't give you a reason in the rejection letter, but if you email Michael Brown and ask politely why they decided not to offer you a seat in the class, he usually will give you some pointers on what to work on. Granted, I did exactly that last year and addressed the weaknesses in my previous application and look where that got me. 

Rejected. They won't give you a reason in the rejection letter, but if you email Michael Brown and ask politely why they decided not to offer you a seat in the class, he usually will give you some pointers on what to work on. Granted, I did exactly that last year and addressed the weaknesses in my previous application and look where that got me.

I'm sorry you were not accepted. I know full well how it stings when you find that news out. The emotions and frustrations that come with it. I've had the opportunity as a student to speak with some of the adcom about admissions as a PA student here at TUN. I recall having a conversation earlier this year where it was mentioned that they have been having a hard time selecting students, not because students are poor candidates, but that all the applicants being interviewed are so qualified and perform so well in their interviews that they are now being forced to deny or wait list applicants who they would normally accept.

It's hard to not get accepted, it took me multiple attempts and leaving my wife and daughter in another state to go to PA school. Everyone has their struggle, but to quote rocky "it ain't about how hard you're hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

If I were you, I would ask for a meeting with one of the adcom and see what their insight is. And to take it one step further, there's always the MHS program where the chances of admission are pretty high and you'll at least be guaranteed an interview.

Keep your head up, get back up, dust yourself off, and come back fighting even harder for next round!

Best of luck to you!

Archived