2015-2016 Application Cycle

for the people that went to the interviews, do you remember the schedule that we would have for the first year? was is M-F until 3pm

also, i cant remember if they told us if there was a masters project at the end or not? I vaguely remember that there was none? can anyone confirm this?

Session 1:

You'll mostly go from 10am-3pm and a 1 hour lunch at noon with a few days starting at 8am and other days ending at 5pm due to various labs. You get all the Jewish holidays off which basically means 3 weeks where you'll have only 2.5 day school weeks. You also get a 2 week break between session 1 and session 2.

Session 2:

You'll go from 8am-3pm with a 1 hour lunch at noon with maybe 1 day every other week ending at 5pm due to lab. You'll get thanksgiving off and a 2 week holiday off at the end of December. You'll get a 2 week break between session 2 and session 3.

Session 3:

Session 3 is very much like session 2 as per hours with a week of for spring break. You'll also get all the major holidays off too as well as a 2 week break between session 3 & session 4.

Session 4:

Pretty much hell in a hand basket. 8am-5pm every day with a 1 hour lunch. Some days will have observations scheduled in the mornings at surgery centers and other types of clinics. You'll have about 3 exams every week. At the end of this session, you'll have a 2 week break and then you'll begin clinical rotations.

Clinical rotations:

Each rotation goes for a full calendar month. You'll do 2 months of internal medicine, family medicine, and elective rotations. You'll also have 1 month each of surgery, psych, women's health, pediatrics, emergency medicine, and community medicine.

Misc. Scheduling:

- There's a mobile healthcare clinic that you will staff beginning in session 2 that will depart at 6:30 am and ending at noon on Wednesday's and Thursdays and once a month from 9am-noon on Fridays.

- There's the shade tree clinic you can volunteer at on Fridays which are also from 8am-noon I believe.

- There is the autopsy experience on various days during session 1 and 2 where you get to work with the Clark county coroner's office.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone accepted!!

I was hoping a few people who have been accepted wouldn't mind sharing when they submitted their CASPA and some other info (experience, GPA etc). I'm getting everything ready to apply for the 2016-2017 cycle and would appreciate any info that could help me gauge my chances :) Thanks! And best of luck to everyone starting this coming fall!

• 3 months later...

Archived