Howard University Class of 2018

I posted on an old thread so I decided to start a new thread. 

For the  2018 accepted applicants I have started a FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/637350243068976/  I also wanted to see what plans people have for housing.  I am currently finishing AA studies, and Technical writing.  Also I wanted to see if I could get a current student to join the 2018 group if they don't mind answering questions that might arise.  Thanks. :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1) I am also currently applying to the 2018 class. The website says that graduate students have to submit a supplemental application, but when I click on the Graduate Online Application link (http://www.howard.edu/enrollment/apply/default.htm), it says that the page cannot be found. I called Howard this morning, and they said that it's possible that the website has some problems. She said that I should check back later. Has anyone else had this problem, and if not, how did you submit the supplemental application?

2) I am a bit confused by the prerequisites for the PA program. The pdf provided seems like its designed for current Howard students. Can someone provide a list of prerequisite courses required by the program?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1) I am also currently applying to the 2018 class. The website says that graduate students have to submit a supplemental application, but when I click on the Graduate Online Application link (http://www.howard.edu/enrollment/apply/default.htm), it says that the page cannot be found. I called Howard this morning, and they said that it's possible that the website has some problems. She said that I should check back later. Has anyone else had this problem, and if not, how did you submit the supplemental application?

2) I am a bit confused by the prerequisites for the PA program. The pdf provided seems like its designed for current Howard students. Can someone provide a list of prerequisite courses required by the program?

Thanks!

I found this thread by searching for "Howard" for the same reason! After searching their site awhile it seems as though their prerequisites are everything their "lower level"/undergraduate curriculum includes. But, the math and sciences have to be taken within the last 7 years. I graduated 10 years ago with my BS. And, took the algebras and bio 101, etc. my freshman year of college 18 years ago when getting my AAS.

All that to say, if I'm right, I think it's pretty ridiculous. And, that they are more interested in traditional students who either do all 6 years with them or transfer there right after they finish a a continuous bachelor's degree.

It's obviously their choice, but it seems foolish to market to mostly traditional students.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I applied for the 2015-16 cycle and I finally got an interview for March 23rd! I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or advice going into it?

Also- I've been wondering about how the interview will be structured. Is it one-on-one? Group on one? Group interview with other prospective students? What is the writing portion like? 

If someone could answer some of these questions I'd really appreciate it!

• 1 year later...

Archived