2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There were about 10 - 15 candidates when I interviewed. We were divided into three groups. The first group went on a tour with 2nd year PA students, the second group had interviews, and the third group went to get their application packets reviewed by admissions (just in case we were missing something). After everyone was done with each station, we switched.

I was part of the first group who had interviews. Everyone was interviewed by two PAs. The process is very relaxed. My two interviewers basically wanted to get to know me better and asked the usual questions...why you want to go to UNT, why you want to be a PA, etc. However, I heard from other candidates that their interviewers asked some scenario-based questions, which are a little tougher. I guess it just depends on who you get as your interviewers.

Overall, the atmosphere was very relaxed. The 2nd year PA students were very helpful and answered a lot of questions.

If you get an interview, make sure to wear comfortable shoes ladies!! We did a lot of walking during the tour.

Hope this helps!

There were about 10 - 15 candidates when I interviewed. We were divided into three groups. The first group went on a tour with 2nd year PA students, the second group had interviews, and the third group went to get their application packets reviewed by admissions (just in case we were missing something). After everyone was done with each station, we switched.

I was part of the first group who had interviews. Everyone was interviewed by two PAs. The process is very relaxed. My two interviewers basically wanted to get to know me better and asked the usual questions...why you want to go to UNT, why you want to be a PA, etc. However, I heard from other candidates that their interviewers asked some scenario-based questions, which are a little tougher. I guess it just depends on who you get as your interviewers.

Overall, the atmosphere was very relaxed. The 2nd year PA students were very helpful and answered a lot of questions.

If you get an interview, make sure to wear comfortable shoes ladies!! We did a lot of walking during the tour.

Hope this helps!

I interviewed early December of last year. I submitted my CASPA around September or October and submitted my supplemental app around November.

This year, I submitted everything way earlier. My CASPA was sent in June and my supplemental app was sent in July. I still havent heard anything from UNT. Has anyone else heard from them?

I heard back from them. I have an interview on the 9th of September.

Can I ask when did you hear from them? I'm hoping to hear from UNT soon. I sent in my apps early except for my $35 fee which I forgot until the 2nd week of July. I think my stats are pretty good but the wait is making me nervous!

Hi Hannah-

I liked the campus. It seemed as if it was in a safe area. I didnt have very much time to look around though. All of the classes take place in one building. They have a great cadaver lab and have a nice looking room where they practice on performing exams. From what I remember, one of the 2nd year PA students said they had all new equipment to work with.

One of the best things I liked about UNT when I visited last December was the faculty and students. I had never visited the campus before the interview, so I didn't know what to expect. The students and faculty were very friendly. They really wanted everyone to feel comfortable. I was impressed with the interactions between the students and faculty members. It was honestly like a big family. The atmosphere was great.

I remember one of the 2nd year PA students saying that one thing she loves about the UNT PA Program is that the faculty is always there to help them. She said if any of the students had concerns or suggestions about something, the faculty would be sure to make the neccessary changes.

I really hope I get another chance to interview this year. I was so nervous during the last interview that I screwed things up!

Good Luck to all of you who have interviews! UNT is a great program! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...I checked my application status on the my.hsc.unt.edu page this past Friday and it says that my application has been reviewed and that any decision regarding my application will be sent by the Office of Admissions. I still havent heard anything from them...no phone call and no email yet. Do you think that's a bad sign?

Archived