CASPA 2015-2016

I'm actually a student who sat in on some of these interviews, and you guys have no idea how hard the faculty goes to bat for some of these applicants. In fact, I asked one of the faculty why we have so many interviews, especially when some of the candidates have borderline grades, GRE, or healthcare experience, and I was told that they want to have a picture of the whole interviewee. Sometimes good candidates on paper are the top people, and some aren't always a good fit for the program. They are by no means flippant when rejecting applicants. They were all once in your shoes, too. Often there would be candidates that had less than stellar grades (in the realm of PA applicants) but they ended up as some of the best interviews. Yes, interviews will always be subjective, but that's the way it will work when we go to get jobs as well.

For those of you accepted, congratulations! And I strongly encourage you to help with interviews next year. The faculty love your input, and its a great way to see the other side of what you just went through. :) Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision, too!

I just have a quick question. Do you know what the last day to interview is? I'm on the wait list and I really wanna hear back asap! I love the program and can't wait to hear!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually now that I think about it, I'm not sure how anyone would be on the official waitlist yet because all the seats aren't filled until that final round of decisions in December. Just my two cents anyway. I think the official waitlist notifications would roll out at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking too, but a few people on here said they had been waitlisted, so it threw me off a bit.

When talking to people that are currently in the program, it seems like when they tell you that you will be reviewed again after all interviews are complete is like being wait listed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just have a question to those who have gotten calls of acceptance, how long after the call did you receive your mail/email? 

Has anyone who interviewed 10/21 heard back yet? I'm starting to get worried now. I know it has only been about three weeks, but I'm starting to overthink.

I interviewed on a day they had two groups, 8-12 and another 1-5. I felt a little bit rushed when I walked into the actual interview portion, and wondered if anyone else had this experience or it was just me? I'm not sure if maybe the other groups of faculty gave off a different vibe, but I kinda felt like they had made up their minds before I even walked in the room... not sure if that is good or bad. I know they would have been conducting quite a few interviews that day because of the two groups, so maybe that was it.

I didn't hear for a month after my interview. Literally 4 weeks to the day. So it does take some time apparently. I was about to email them that day, then they called. So it wouldn't be a terrible idea just to check on your application and the decision making process. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived