CASPA 2015-2016

Random heads up for those of you traveling far to attend interviews: I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. That hotel is literally a two block walk to the building where the interviews are. I booked through Priceline name your own price and we paid $50 a night. I'm from Harrisburg, which is like 1.5 hour drive but I was in the early session. I didn't want to get up at like 5 am and drive and be frazzled, so for $50 and a nice room, it was definitely worth every penny!! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great, I was hoping to find someone else going to that session. I'm coming from CT. My girlfriend and I thought it would be smart to go early and make a weekend out of it. Especially with all the hurricane talk flying around. Do you plan on going right for the start of it?

I'm planning on being at the campus around 12:30

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

@PAOneDay- thanks for the heads up! We looked into it but the price ended up being a bit steep, and priceline wasn't being too kind. We are staying at the Best Western right down the road though. Appreciate the heads up!

@Frickypurl51- Look forward to meeting you! My name is Chris.

@Wendynguyen- good luck!

I was recently accepted to Lock Haven and just wanted to give a heads up for those of you are interviewing soon. The interview is very laid back and the staff are very nice and welcoming. The interview becomes more of a conversation about why you want to be a PA. I had a really good experience. Good luck everyone! 

I was recently accepted to Lock Haven and just wanted to give a heads up for those of you are interviewing soon. The interview is very laid back and the staff are very nice and welcoming. The interview becomes more of a conversation about why you want to be a PA. I had a really good experience. Good luck everyone!

If you don't mind me asking. How long did it take for you to hear about your acceptance? Also, how many other interviews were there in your session?

@PAOneDay- thanks for the heads up! We looked into it but the price ended up being a bit steep, and priceline wasn't being too kind. We are staying at the Best Western right down the road though. Appreciate the heads up!

@Frickypurl51- Look forward to meeting you! My name is Chris.

@Wendynguyen- good luck!

My name is Victoria. At least I will kind of know someone going into the interview! Ha

Hi guys,

I don't know how they send rejections but they call you personally for acceptance.  They get back to you very quickly which is a refreshing change from the other programs I interviewed at.  I feel like they called the morning people the same day or day after and the afternoon people the next day or two after the interviews.  I really appreciate how together Lock Haven is and respectful of people's time.

If you don't mind me asking. How long did it take for you to hear about your acceptance? Also, how many other interviews were there in your session?

I actually heard back a week and a half later. I don't really remember how many other people were there, perhaps around ten 

Just got back from my interview and I had to say it was a very pleasant experience! Less nerve wracking than I expected. All the staff and students were friendly and they asked a few questions to get to know about you and your motivation to become a PA. If you're from another state, be prepared to answer why you want to go Lock Haven in PA! Just like everyone else said, the interview was more of a conversational style. Two faculty members interviewed me. One was from Lock Haven campus and one was from Clearfield! (she was actually on a phone with a little screen that displays her face). Now it's time for the waiting game....

Last year and I'm assuming this year were different.  By the time the last interview is conducted the majority of the seats have been filled because they don't want "competitive" applicants still searching for a position at another school.  Not trying to be a downer, but if you haven't heard I'd put your energy and hopes into other programs you've applied to.

Archived