CASPA 2015-2016

No idea on how many spots may or may not be at any campus. I do know that a current student told me that at least two other students got switched to Harrisburg last year after people withdrew to attend a different school. Since LHU accepts so early, I think some people send a seat deposit as a place holder for themselves, and then if they get into their 'first choice' school, they drop the earlier seat. That's just my theory though!

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

We have interviewed at least until the end of October, maybe into November? And I'm almost positive we always save some spots until the interviews are completed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just mean that at this point interviews aren't only for the waitlist.

Okay, here's my take: There are two interview sessions per month. Mine was the second session in August. There were roughly 12-15 people in my session. That means that as of the end of September, by a very rough estimate, they would have interviewed 4 sessions, or 60'ish people. There are 76 total seats in the program spread throughout the four campuses. And obviously they didn't accept everyone they interviewed so far. Even if Harrisburg isn't available, you could tentatively accept a seat at a different campus and be put on the waitlist for Harrisburg. That would give you first dibs if/when something opened up. Just my two cents, for whatever's that worth.

Hi all, does anyone know anything about the graduate assistantships offered by LHU? I've heard they offer one partial GA per campus. Any ideas how they are awarded?

1 position for each campus. I'm pretty sure they have to submit an application and interview for it. The program director will email everyone info once it gets closer to time

If u r a non traditional applicant don't bother applying .They are very rude to non traditional applicants and most of their students are very young fresh out of undergrad .I had a really bad experience here last year .But I am thankful they didn't take me in because of that I got into a really good school which is not biased against people like us.

@newbegining I'm sorry you had such a poor experience!

I had the complete opposite experience actually. I am definitely not a traditional student at 28 years old, I own my own home, I've worked in administrative management the past 5 years since undergrad. I've met multiple other non traditional students from there, including two others that have been accepted this admissions cycle.

Sorry your experience wasn't as positive! Good luck in your other applications!

If u r a non traditional applicant don't bother applying .They are very rude to non traditional applicants and most of their students are very young fresh out of undergrad .I had a really bad experience here last year .But I am thankful they didn't take me in because of that I got into a really good school which is not biased against people like us.

I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you were hoping it would be. I am happy to hear that you were accepted somewhere that sounds like a great fit for you!

I have had a totally different experience, so just to share for other non traditional students looking: I am a current first year student. I am non traditional, 28 years old with 2 young children. I felt very welcomed by the faculty and staff at Lock Haven both at my interview and as a student. We have several other non traditional students in our class, one of them being in her 60s!

It may be a matter of where you fit best personally, so take every person's situation with a grain of salt :)

I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you were hoping it would be. I am happy to hear that you were accepted somewhere that sounds like a great fit for you!

I have had a totally different experience, so just to share for other non traditional students looking: I am a current first year student. I am non traditional, 28 years old with 2 young children. I felt very welcomed by the faculty and staff at Lock Haven both at my interview and as a student. We have several other non traditional students in our class, one of them being in her 60s!

It may be a matter of where you fit best personally, so take every person's situation with a grain of salt :)

I think it depends who interviews you, if they like you or not.  I had the impression the decision was already made when I walked into the interview, which isn't good.  So far I've been impressed with other programs interviews where I think personal bias is much less of a factor in the decision.  I had contacted another staff member about the decision of my application and they had no idea what it had been.  So once you get to the interview it really seems to be the mercy of whoever you get interviewing you. 

I'm one of the 12 going to Harrisburg in May 2016 and couldn't be more excited. Lock Haven is probably the most affordable schools in PA and with a $500 deposit, many people hedge their bets and reserve a spot for themselves even with other acceptances pending. Harrisburg is the only campus in South Central PA and for that reason it fills up. For me, despite being accepted to other schools I picked Lock Haven Harrisburg Campus because of the closeness to home, friendly faculty, and the possiblity of clinical rotations/visits at Hershey Medical Center.

Stats:

3.75 GPA at Messiah College

3.63 Science

316 combined GRE

4.5 Writing (lol, it didn't matter in the end)

EXP:

Med Tech PCA: 750 Hours

ER Scribe: 200 Hours

I had good LOR's and what I think was a strong essay

Anyone looking for roommates in the Harrisburg area?

@frickypurl51

They do the rotations all over the state of Pennsylvania, and beyond if you request to travel farther. You are responsible for your own housing and travel. However I was told they provide you with a list of previous students' information for each of your rotations for where they stayed, etc.

Hope this helps!!

@frickypurl51

They do the rotations all over the state of Pennsylvania, and beyond if you request to travel farther. You are responsible for your own housing and travel. However I was told they provide you with a list of previous students' information for each of your rotations for where they stayed, etc.

Hope this helps!!

Thank you so much! I posted this and then realized that my sisters friend is in their pa program at the clearfield campus so I just asked her

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived