Sign in to follow this  
Guest PALois

Retake Advice

Guest PALois

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I will ask anyway since I really need some advice. Long story short, I took Anatomy and physiology I at a community college the first time and received a C and I also received a Withdraw in Anatomy and Physiology II. 

I will be transferring to a 4-year university this Fall 2015 as a junior and I am not sure if I should just retake Anatomy and Physiology at the University where it is offered as separate courses or if I should just retake them at the same community college again while I am enrolled at the university. 

I asked the PA programs I want to apply to and they have no preference on where you take your courses; however I am just worried that it will hinder my application to be taking community college courses while I am enrolled at a university since it may look like I am taking the easy way out. 

Any advice? Thanks! 

- Kate 

You're probably  over thinking it.  Most places don't care, and there are plenty of other valid reasons, like scheduling and tuition cost, why students would simultaneously take classes at both a university and a community college.

I asked the PA programs I want to apply to and they have no preference on where you take your courses; however I am just worried that it will hinder my application to be taking community college courses while I am enrolled at a university since it may look like I am taking the easy way out. 

- Kate 

When they said they have no preference, they most likely meant it. No one will ask you where you took your classes.

I took mine in CC. Premeds from Ohio State took biochem with me because they wanted an English-speaking professor. It just doesn't matter to many PA programs. Just do well.

• Upvote 1

Guest PALois

Thank you everyone for the advice! I decided to just retake the courses at the CC since I am able to save a lot of money along the way and take evening classes while I obtain HCE. I double checked with the programs and they said they have students who completed every prerequisite at the CC and the only thing that matters is the grade received for the course and not the place. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Farafish260
      I just had all of my transcripts uploaded by CASPA. And, I’ve approved them, but do I have to match the prerequisites to the programs or will CASPA do that for me if I opt out? Thx 
    • By Bananataters
      Hello Everyone,

St. John's just sent their supps out so we can finally start completing our applications.  Best of luck to everyone.  
    • By Chrissylee
      Starting a post for the 2018-2019 cycle for Cal Baptist University's PA program! Good luck everyone!

• By mliggett
      Hey all -- 
      New to the forum. I'm a post-BA student with a degree in Geography/Economics, where I focused on community development and the more sociological side of things... Years after my graduation, I decided to take the plunge into the medical field instead. I currently am an EMS worker with the goal to be involved with the Global Health field in the future (main interest in water/sanitation/infectious diseases, etc.).. Given the short background, my thought process is directed at doing a P.A. program with the hopes of being able to utilize that both domestically and abroad... 
      SO -- I suppose my main questions are: 
      1.) Does this seem like a good approach, given my main interest being in global health? I'm currently 29 -- so to try and backtrack at this point and attempt to go to Med School seems like an idea I'm being nudged away from... especially from physicians I've met en route at hospitals and others that I know. 
      Additionally -- I'm wondering if there are any sorts of databases that show P.A. programs with International Clinical Elective rotations? Going from site to site to try and find my best case scenario is becoming somewhat wasteful in terms of time utilization it seems. OR -- better yet, have you heard of any programs that seem to offer this opportunity and/or are the best types of programs for this interest?
      May seem like a pretty broad and rounded question, but thought maybe you all could offer some insight. Thanks a ton!

Michael 
    • By lulusbakery9
      Hello, I am currently a freshmen at a four year university. My university does not offer anatomy and physiology with lab, just anatomy and physiology. I know that most pa schools require A&P with lab. Do you guys have any suggestions? Any help will be very much appreciated!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More