2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the email they said an external reviewer handles all the written essays. Hope they take the essays into account when offering interviews. This year my score was an 87. I feel as if though my upper division microbiology and immunology courses through the mdc bachelor in biopharmaceuticals helped me earn a better score this year. But like Miss Alonso said don't give up, we can manifest this goal but we have to persevere through the process. I'm a firm believer of that philosophy too. Anything you want to do in life you can achieve it, but you have to get out there and get it, just hang in there everyone.

Petunia, I can relate. First test, scored a 70 and never moved on. Second time testing, scored in the high 70s and was fortunate enough to get to an interview. Didn't make it, sadly. But I never gave up! I took a break from applying for one cycle to reflect and diversify my clinical background so that the selection committee can see my progress.

Having said that, I'm now acls and pals certified. Through continuing education, I became adept in basic and advanced electrocardiography. I now work doing telemetry as a full time cardiac rhythm analyst with baptist health south florida. Although I was saddenned that I didn't make it through two cycles ago, I feel so blessed that I used my rejection as fuel to propel myself into a state of perseverance with a much more diversified clinical repertoire that I know will be a priceless skill once I become a PA.

In addition to working full time, I never stopped going to school full time. Since last applying, I am now fortunate to have a number of upper division courses like genetics (pcb3060), biochemistry (bch3023), immunology (pcb4233), upper level microbio (mcb3023), and a 3.8 gpa under my belt. Not only did it help for the entrance exam, I know these courses will help mold me into a competent clinician as well.

It's been a struggle but I'm never going to give up and I pray the selection committee offers me an interview so I can submit once again my candidacy in person. Never stop dreaming!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Archived