2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

No it wasn't I thought it was fair. I made silly mistakes. I got an 83 I was hoping to score higher only because I do not have much medical experience. I have about 150 hours of shadowing and I'm still doing it. So I feel like I had to get a higher score to still make it at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now that testing officially over, can we share our essay topics to find out if we all had the same topics or different ones? First day of testing we were asked an awesome topic... perhaps if a test score was below average yet they see a really good substantive essay they will score more favorably than someone who scored a bit higher on the test but whose essay was of dubious substance? Any feedback? Petunia what do you think?

@MMSPAC per the rules of this forum, we are not allowed to share the essay questions... reason being... who knows if they will reuse them or not.  Look at the Sticky thread at the beginning of this topic, it says that sharing things of this nature is a form of academic dishonesty.  So - sorry, I am not comfortable sharing about my essay.  TrueAnomoly said that our posts will be deleted, not sure if we will be banned or not. If I were you, I'd save this type of discussion for after we are accepted to share privately

Here is what the mod posted- I realize it doesn't give any of us a leg up, because it is done... but I still believe it is forbidden: 

We have noticed over the past couple of years at least a pervasive culture that exists on this school's forum of sharing intimate details of the Miami Dade College's entrance exam, and concerns have been raised before from students who are waiting to take this exam.  It is academically dishonest to keep up this environment; this forum is not to become a "one stop shop" for potential students trying to get a leg up on an exam meant to assess one candidate from another in order to be admitted to ultimately become a medical provider.  It is not a behavior that is accepted once you are in school, and it should not be one accepted to get into school.  

From here forward, any post that specially talks about test details not mentioned on the program's web site will be deleted without notice.  This does not mean that sharing different study guides or resources or how you studied for the exam is discouraged- in fact, it will help with cooperation once you are in school and helping your fellow PA students.  

Thank you everyone for policing yourselves on this thread. My original sticky post still very much remains in effect- sharing actual test items here on this forum will be deleted, whether the test is "over" or not.

For the record, no one has been banned from this forum, but I have deleted posts here and there. However, if someone were to continually push the envelope despite the posted rules and having posts deleted, then banning is very much an option.

As Miami Dade is still the only PA program to my knowledge who, for whatever reason, has an entrance exam as part of their admissions package, this is the only forum we've ever had this issue. So far this application cycle, things have gone well, so please continue the good work. And best of luck to everyone on applying to school

Hi fellow students,

Ive read on the comments that they are done with testing? Have they sent out rejection notices for the people that were not invited for test? I currently live in Los Angeles, so its a little difficult to get in touch with someone in the office. Ive emailed Mrs. Hernandez.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

@adriana-  you should email them again or call.  I don't want to get your hopes up... but in the past (I believe it was 2 years ago) they let some people from out of town do really late testing, with the interview immediately to follow so that you don't have to make multiple trips.... I believe last year, when the testing was done- it was just done, and if you weren't invited, then you were not being considered for the next class.  But it is worth reaching out... if the answer is no, it is better to know sooner so you can continue working on your career path- and if there is good news in your future, then it is nice to be able to prepare!

@Petunia.

Thank you! When I talked to Mrs. Hernandez she did mention something like that. She would have me do the test and the interview the same day. I just have not heard anything. I continue to study and took all the month of Feb off from my job to prepare for the exam. I just want to know if there is still testing available. Ive emailed Mrs Hernandez and Isabel Castro and have not been able to get a hold of them by mail or phone. 

I just want to know already, so I at least know what my next step is. 

congrats on the exam, at least you don't have to stress about it anymore :)!

Archived