University of Tennessee 2015-2016

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody get an interview invite for Sept 14th too!? Also, apart from writing essays, is there a medical terminology test to be taken? I've heard some programs do that on the interview days. Thanks and good luck to everyone! 

You will not have to take a medical terminology test. It's just a prereq. 

Anybody get an interview invite for Sept 14th too!? Also, apart from writing essays, is there a medical terminology test to be taken? I've heard some programs do that on the interview days. Thanks and good luck to everyone! 

I am interviewing on September 14th as well! 

Hey there, everyone! Grateful to say that I also will be interviewing at UTHSC on September 14th. I've skimmed through this thread but I wasn't able to find answers to some questions I have. Forgive me if I'm repeating something that's already been asked..

But to those who have already interviewed, could you give any insight on what to expect the day of? Namely, is there a writing component? And are these individual/one-on-one or casual/roundtable interviews?

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far!

Hey there, everyone! Grateful to say that I also will be interviewing at UTHSC on September 14th. I've skimmed through this thread but I wasn't able to find answers to some questions I have. Forgive me if I'm repeating something that's already been asked..

But to those who have already interviewed, could you give any insight on what to expect the day of? Namely, is there a writing component? And are these individual/one-on-one or casual/roundtable interviews?

As said before, it is unethical to give people an edge... Good luck.

I have no problem giving people an "edge" seeing as what I reveal wouldn't be advantageous. It might calm your nerves a bit, but that's it.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that we're so competitive, we can't reveal what type of interview it was. If we all got interviews, we have just as much chance of getting in based on our answers, not on what style of interview we expected it to be. I obviously can't tell you what questions they ask bc that depends on the interviewers and the individual interviewee. Otherwise, I'll tell you everything about my experience if you want.

If you all aren't preparing to handle any type of interview, then you probably won't do well. I see nothing wrong with disclosing that we had an individual interview with two faculty. There was an essay, it was the first thing we did. It's nothing worth preparing for, merely a couple prompts they use to discuss in the interview. No serious thought or expert writing involved! The interview was about 20 minutes. No group interview. Good luck y'all!

I interviewed August 28th and I emailed Ms. Dillon today. She said that the admissions committee met this week and has sent their recommendations to the Dean's Office for approval and that once they hear back from the Dean's Office they will send out notifications regarding acceptance, which will hopefully be next week.

Hey brim how do you know decisions were made for the September 14 interview group?

Everyone on this forum has said its been taking 3 weeks to a month to hear anything. It's only been 10 days since the September 14 interviews. I'm also questioning why they would send out mid September decisions with late Augusts decisions?

On September18th  Hnnmaus said that Ms. Dillon had let him/her know that the decisions for the August 28th group would likely be going out this week. Like you said, I figured since I interviewed on September 14th I wouldn't hear anything for a few weeks since they still had to send out decisions for the August 28th group. However, I got an acceptance letter via email on the 22nd. Maybe they are still making decisions and sending out notifications as they come in for our two interview dates instead of sending them all out at once? I'm really sorry if I created some confusion with my earlier post. I was surprised I was notified so soon and believed if I was notified other people who interviewed on August 28th and September 14th would have been notified as well. 

If any accepted students are interested in joining the Facebook group and getting to know each other feel free to reach out to me. Another student set it up, but I can invite you with an email address.

I would be interested in joing the Facebook page. Do I need to send you my email address or my Facebook info?

Archived