University of Tennessee 2015-2016

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey you guys I just joined the forum. I am applying to UTHSC as well. I am super nervous because CASPA is still processing my transcripts but everything on my half is done.. I am just waiting on them. I tried to be as early as possible. I hope I still have a great chance. Congrats to all of those that received a letter to interview!

I will be interviewing on August 7th!

Could someone who has already interviewed give me a run-down of the schedule for the day? I know we are supposed to be there from 8-4 but I'm just wondering how the schedule of the day goes. I am flying from NY and the only flight out that night I can find is at 6pm so I'm worried about asking to leave a little early to catch my flight back... Any info on this would be helpful! Hopefully they are used to people leaving a little early to catch flights? 

Could someone who has already interviewed give me a run-down of the schedule for the day? I know we are supposed to be there from 8-4 but I'm just wondering how the schedule of the day goes. I am flying from NY and the only flight out that night I can find is at 6pm so I'm worried about asking to leave a little early to catch my flight back... Any info on this would be helpful! Hopefully they are used to people leaving a little early to catch flights?

I was in a similar situation when I flew in for my interview. As Cloud9fox stated they will ask who all needs to catch a flight home and will allow those individuals to interview first. My flight was at 5:20 and I made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Hey congrats! Could you tell me when you received your confirmation email?

Hey guys - I'm just joining the forum. I interviewed on June 26th and am anxiously waiting to hear back. I submitted my CASPA on May 26, it was verified on June 1, UT emailed a confirmation receipt on June 2, and I got the interview invite on June 17. I hope this is helpful. Good luck to everyone!

Do any of you have any opinions on the safety of Memphis in general? Especially around the school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll get mixed responses on this. I don't think safety is a huge issue; you just have to use common sense and be aware of your surroundings. It's a pretty big city, so there are neighborhoods that are safe and some that are not, and these can be right next to each other. The UT campus is a good example of this, so I wouldn't exactly recommend walking around by yourself at night. But there are people who do. You just need to get to know the area and I think you'll be fine. But again that's just my opinion - you'll probably get lots of different answers!

Hey everyone, I just received an invite to interview on August 28. What's strange is that I royally messed up my application to Tennessee. I put two-word, silly answers in the CASPA questions section for TN, thinking I would remember to actually answer them later. I didn't and submitted my app. One face palm later and I've been granted an interview. I'm wondering if the schools even read the CASPA program questions. Anyway, looking forward to meeting other candidates!

Called earlier today and they said that the admission commitee met last week and discussed what they wanted to do with the applicants that met on June 26th and July 10th. They sent their decisions to the dean for his verification and I was told that something would be decided in approximately 2 weeks. That is all I know... I don't recommend calling in and bugging them or they might not be so gracious when we call in!

Called earlier today and they said that the admission commitee met last week and discussed what they wanted to do with the applicants that met on June 26th and July 10th. They sent their decisions to the dean for his verification and I was told that something would be decided in approximately 2 weeks. That is all I know... I don't recommend calling in and bugging them or they might not be so gracious when we call in!

Thanks for the update!

Does that decision include all the candidates or just those from 6/26-7/10? I assume it includes all candidates thus far because they told me at my interview they meet at the end of each month.

Anyone from the 7/24 interview heard anything or called lately?

I am also interviewing the 28th!!!  Does everyone fly into the Memphis Airport and are there any recommended Hotels?

Yes, fly in to Memphis. I stayed at a hotel that was near the school and the hotel was awful! If you are renting a car you can find nice hotels downtown and then drive to the school, its only a 5-10 minute drive. Good luck!

Archived