Sullivan University 2015-2016

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also applying to the PA Program in Sullivan University as I finished my application mid September week. Just trying to send over all the requirement.

I have 525 direct patient contact hours. My GPA is 3.1 maybe. I had a degree in Finance and decided to do my masters in PA as I just loved the profession as I was

volunteering. Could anyone tell me what you guys think of my chances of getting in?

Hope to hear from you. Honestly just share your opinion as I really want to get in.

Teresa

Hey Teresa, sorry for late reply. one thing i can say about Sullivan's program is that they see more than GPA of applicants. since sullivan is not CASPA associated program(or at least not yet), they have their own ways of grading GPA and considering for interview. 

from what i experienced at sullivan university, this school focus on applicant's latest academic improvements and your uniqueness as a applicant.

i personall have two bachelors, one in Bio and another in Respiratory therapy. my Bio degree GPA was my weakest link, but sullivan focused on my academic improvement i made on Rutgers university and considered me as one of competitive applicants.

also, write your personal statement well. i mean really well. during interview, one of professors even told me that he wanted to see me in person because of my unique personal statement. its that important.

i personally believe that GPA only gets you to pass the cutline. your personal statement, work experience and your uniqueness is what get you into the program.

i would personally send formal email to admission coordiator, Mary and be honest with her with your grade and experience, ask her if you would be competitive appicant.

currently, i believe about half of the seats are still available(considering max class size is 50), so its not too late.

good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when last year that they started letting people on the wait list know if they were granted a seat last year?

Also, has anyone been rejected yet? I've only heard people say they have been accepted or put on the wait list. I am worried that they just save everyone on the wait list...

I heard of someone I met who got rejected from the interview in November, so there's rejections just as much as there are acceptances and waitlisted candidates... People don't like to talk about rejections, I'm sure. Hopefully we get to hear back about the waitlist soon. 

Mary said they're conducting interviews up until January to fill the class/waitlist. I'm sure we will find out more later on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived