Applying for January 2016 Start

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if South has any breaks between quarters? I know that some schools give about a week break after each quarter and I was wondering if South does that as well.

They will explain this at the interview session. But yes, after each quarter you get at least a week, some are a few weeks but you at least get a week break.

did anyone who interviewed send a thank you note or email?

I did send an email but ended up getting waitlisted anyways. I did not send anything to another program and got accepted. Therefore, I dont think it truly matters, but it is up to you to decide.

Thanks I was thinking about sending a letter but I know they usually get back to you in less than a week so I didn't want to send it and them get it after they already sent out admissions decisions

I actually brought blank thank you cards with me and wrote them in between my interview breaks. I thought that worked well. I dropped them off with Ms. Machold to leave with my interviewers.

I actually brought blank thank you cards with me and wrote them in between my interview breaks. I thought that worked well. I dropped them off with Ms. Machold to leave with my interviewers.

I wish I had thought of this! I ended up just mailing mine out the next day but I also live in GA so it only takes about 2-3 days for them to receive it.

For anyone on the wait list - don't lose hope!  There are at least 10 people in my class that I can think of that were initially waitlisted and got in.  There are a number in the class below me that were waitlisted initially too.  South is big on it's rolling admissions so earlier applications tend to do better.  But again, there is plenty of hope :)

@BPB:

Ah, well that is unfortunate to hear.  I suppose they've already filled the class.  Its kind of silly that they accept applications up until August 1 then.

When did you submit your application for South??

Are you going to interview??

When is it??

Thanks, and good luck.

Several people always end up being accepted from the wait list :)

Does anyone know if it matters when you were added to the waitlist? Or, do they wait until the end of interviews and then rank that list independent of when one interviewed and added to the list? I.e. if you interviewed later, can you be placed above people who are already on the list?

I am trying to decide whether to interview for a waitlist spot, but if I am automatically going to be placed at the bottom of what appears to be a very long list, I really do not see the point.

Archived