Applying for January 2016 Start

I was also accepted yesterday from the first interview group!

VTgrad, I did receive that email as well. I was told on the phone that I would receive an email but could not hear very well because I was actually in the airport. I guess that was the email she was referring to?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also accepted yesterday from the first interview group!

VTgrad, I did receive that email as well. I was told on the phone that I would receive an email but could not hear very well because I was actually in the airport. I guess that was the email she was referring to?

So glad to hear that I wasn't the only one and that you got it and got accepted! Congrats!

I interviewed July 7/8th and was waitlisted. South was my absolute top choice and dream school so I am feeling just a little bit discouraged. Trying not to lose hope, does anyone know how many people are pulled off the waitlist each year or how the students are ranked? Not going to give up hope because I've wanted to go here since I can remember! Any little information helps :)

@ Link at least you were waitlisted. I've seen in previous years, they have pulled several from the waitlist so don't give up hope. I just got my rejection email. :( Very disappointing.  Best wishes to all others, and congrats to those already accepted!

@ Link at least you were waitlisted. I've seen in previous years, they have pulled several from the waitlist so don't give up hope. I just got my rejection email. :( Very disappointing.  Best wishes to all others, and congrats to those already accepted!

Thanks, trying to hold on hope. Rejection emails always sting :-/ 

I'm trying to figure out how the process works with acceptances and waitlists. For example, say they interviews 160 students and have 70 seats. Do they accept 70 students and waitlist some. When some of those 70 students don't take the seat, they pull from the waitlist? Or do they normally over-accept say they accept 90 students and then after 21 students don't take the seat, they would pull 1 from the waitlist? Does anyone follow what I'm asking? 

Can the people that have gotten acceptances post their stats?

My stats are: 

Just turned 21, graduate with Medical Laboratory Science Degree in December

4.0 GPA 

GRE: Math 153 Reading 155 Writing 4.0

Shadowing: 200

Research: 240

And currently doing my clinicals in the hospital for my Undergrad degree 

Getting nervous. I interviewed July 7/8 and haven't heard anything yet, I wonder if South sends all their rejection/waitlist decisions at once or throughout several days? The waiting game is awful :(

I interviewed the same dates.. I haven't heard anything either! Feel your pain!

I'll be at the 21&22nd of July Interview in Savannah! I booked a hotel room at the Ogelthorpe (5 min from South U) with two double beds. If any female wants to stay in the second double, PM me! I'm traveling from Seattle and I will have a rental car to drive to the interview in the AM. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I am hesitant to post this, because I feel deeply for those who have recieived undesirable admissions decisions. However, I know that when I was waiting to hear back on my decision, I kept incessantly checking this forum to see if anyone else had heard back. I interviewed on July 7th/8th and just received an acceptance email. I am beyond elated!

Archived