Applying for January 2016 Start

Does anyone know if South accepts online Prereqs?  I still need my Organic and need to sign up for it ASAP.  Thank you!

I am pretty sure that this information is addressed on the FAQs page as well as the admissions requirements page.  I would look at that.  From what I can remember, I am fairly certain that you cannot take Organic online as it needs to be lab based.  If this is not the case for South, it is the case for nearly every other PA program.  However, even if South does accept online courses, I do know that when looking at your coursework, they consider the quality of the course and the school you took it from.  Something to keep in mind.  Good luck!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cjbwiley-South does accept online courses as long as they are from an accredited university.  I've taken a few.  Kimberly Hahn, their enrollment manager verified that they do accept them.  Just be sure it has a lab component as rallen said above.  Good luck to you!

Also, I would strongly advise AGAINST University of New England's Online Organic Chemistry class.  Feel free to message me if you would like more info.

Is each application sent in verified separately ? Or is your entire application verified at one time ? Also if you add schools you are applying to before your initial application is verified does that push you back in the line to be verified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@pinkpeonies  I interviewed June 30th/July 1. I had to get a flight and hotel so I used travelocity and got a great deal at the Oglethorpe Inn and Suites. It was certainly a little dated, but it was clean and homey... and cheap. It is less than 5 mins from the school, I wouldn't say walking distance because of the heat but it's maybe a mile from the school. If you're looking for convenience and you don't want to worry about traffic, I would look into it. 

SACS and the ARC accreditation is different from each other. The reason why they have the SACS warning is because of the financial stability of the parent corporation. It has very little to do with South University itself. I know some people say its’ on probation but it’s actually a warning which will be discussed again in December 2015. 

http://www.sacscoc.org/2014decemberActionsandDisclosureStatements/SouthUniversityBDG.pdf 

PA accreditation is completely different and they get reviewed for that in September. The PA program itself has a good reputation. As far as PA eligibility according to NCCPA “To be eligible for PANCE, you must graduate from a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) as a Physician Assistant Program. PA program graduates will be deemed to have graduated from an accredited program if their PA educational program was accredited at the time of their matriculation."  I only looked up license requirements in a few states that I may eventually practice in and so far you have the ability to practice contingent on you passing your boards and graduating from an ARC-PA program. Also since ARC-PA is recognized by the U.S. government as a higher education accrediting organization, I think the PA school is fine.

I hope this eases everyone's concerns. Again the school is a really good school and the faculty is extremely nice. I had a friend graduate from there a little while ago and she loved the program. So as long as the school/program doesn't all of a sudden shut down (which it shouldn't), I think everyone is fine. I'm not sure if I'm right in all of this as all of this came from doing a quick google search. Your best bet is to ask the University itself on the situation. :)

Archived