Applying for January 2016 Start

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be there on the 30th as well!

My CASPA was verified on May 26th, received by South on May 27th, and invited to interview last week.

Here are some stats:

3,000 patient contact hours

Over a 3.5 GPA

GRE verbal: 157; quant: 158; writing: 4.5

Looking forward to it!

Submitted May 10, Verified shortly after.

3.63 overall

3.55 science

~3,000 hrs volunteering/working

36 hrs shadowing

GRE: Verbal 152, Quant 154, Writing 4.5 

Good luck to everyone and looking forward to meeting some of you there! 

Ahhh! Congrats to everyone! Unfortunately, I can't make the first 3 interview sessions due to my internship so looks like I'll be making my way

up there for the August 4-5 interview session. They were so nice to adjust to my schedule. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting to hear!

Hey all! South is one of the tops on my list as well but I know my GPAs are a tad low. My app was received yesterday! Hoping for an interview invite!!

GRE 157V, 153Q, 4.0W 
cGPA 3.35, sGPA 3.15 -- graduated as a Lycoming College Scholar and in the bio honor society
HCE: 1500+ hours as Nursing Assistant
Shadowing: 100 hours with an ED PA, 300 with various MDs

Volunteering: 165 as a courier (plus other non-health related)
LORs from a PA, a professor and my nursing manager

fingers crossed!

I am so incredibly excited to announce that yesterday I also received an invite for July 7th and 8th.  I look forward to meeting everyone else who will be present during that session.  If any of you want to begin chatting before that time, I'd love to get to know you in advance!

Has anyone applied to the South in Tampa also? And have any of you who got an invite in the Savannah campus also received and invite to the Tampa campus? I'm just curious because I got an interview invite for the Tampa campus and it is on the 9th. So even if I did get an invite for Savannah, it would be cutting it super close (7-8th). I guess I'm just curious if the two campuses communicate about applicants. 

Has anyone applied to the South in Tampa also? And have any of you who got an invite in the Savannah campus also received and invite to the Tampa campus? I'm just curious because I got an interview invite for the Tampa campus and it is on the 9th. So even if I did get an invite for Savannah, it would be cutting it super close (7-8th). I guess I'm just curious if the two campuses communicate about applicants. 

I know that Arcadia, which is similar in that they have two campuses, does this (or did this in the past). If you applied to both campuses, you'd only be invited to one.

I know that Chatham, which is similar in that they have two campuses, does this (or did this in the past). If you applied to both campuses, you'd only be invited to one.

I am a current student at South University in Savannah. As far as I understand, personally, South University in Tampa and South University in Savannah use the same objectives for teaching but are separate entities. You can get interviews at both campuses only if you have applied to both. 

I received an interview to the Savannah campus and the Tampa campus within 24 hours of each other. I had already accepted the Savannah one for June 7/8, and the Tampa campus wanted me to come on the 9th. I asked them if there were other interview dates, and I'm now interviewing in Tampa on July 21. So I don't think there is much communication between the two but they work with you! Hope that helps!

Archived