• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

So I received an email on 12/9 that my application has been reviewed and they found that my 1 unit Med Term course doesn't satisfy their 3 unit course. Charles drew is the only school that requires this so I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to enroll in another med term course next semester. They want me to give them proof of enrollment as well as, update it on CASPA. If I did update CASPA, then all my other schools would find out that I will be having an "in-progress" course that I may or may not complete depending on if Charles Drew offers an invitation to an interview. It may be awkward explaining to other schools why I decided not to take it should I be invited for an interview to another school. Especially, since I know that my stats are not as competitive as the usual applicant pool (GPA 3.1), I'm hesitant to spend more money on a course I already received an A in. I've emailed the school in regards to my situation and they have yet to reply back.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I should do? Much appreciated!

Is this the first communication you've received from them? I applied way back in April, received confirmation in May, and haven't heard anything since. 

No. I was invited to interview on 11/20. This is the first email I received since the interview date. 

I got my interview invite like 2 weeks after I applied, but some people there were invited like 3 days before the interview date. Stay positive :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I appled to Caspa sometime July and got verified late November. Got an email that my application has been received. No word yet. Does anyone know if January 29 will be the last chance for an interview?

I'm in a similar situation - I applied in May and was verified shortly thereafter, and have not heard a word since. 

Interviewed 12/11 and just got my acceptance letter!!! So excited to begin my journey at Charles Drew!! Is there a Facebook page for those accepted yet? Good luck to everyone still applying!

Yay congrats !!! Great way to start the year !!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Interviewed 12/11 and just got my acceptance letter!!! So excited to begin my journey at Charles Drew!! Is there a Facebook page for those accepted yet? Good luck to everyone still applying!

Congratulations!!! Did you get an email or actual letter??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Archived