He ya'll! Went through all this last year (and the two years before that - yay for applying 3 times! not!). I feel your pain, your stress, and your excitement!

If you have any burning questions that can be answered by a student, I'm happy to help...

What can we expect/be prepared for on interview day?! I haven't found anything about the structure or anything.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can we expect/be prepared for on interview day?! I haven't found anything about the structure or anything.

Be prepared and be yourself. Practice but don't sound rehearsed. It's an all day event for the most part and they feed you lunch. If you have questions then be sure to ask them, you want the program you choose to be a good fit for you just as much as you a fit for the program.

As far as logistics on panel vs. group vs. one on one vs. another format... Be prepared for it all. Things change from year to year and if you read previous years' threads you will get a good idea about what past interviews have been like.

pac-1525, One suggestion would be to visit andrewrodican.com and look at the book, How to "Ace" the Physician Assistant School Interview." Also while on the site you can use the "Contact" section to request a FREE 90 page "Focus Pack" that will provide many interview questions, in a test format; (choose A, B, or C),  and allow you to select the best answer out of the three questions. The next page will give the rationale for the answer that's most appropriate. Failure to prepare, is preparing to fail.

Be prepared and be yourself. Practice but don't sound rehearsed. It's an all day event for the most part and they feed you lunch. If you have questions then be sure to ask them, you want the program you choose to be a good fit for you just as much as you a fit for the program.

As far as logistics on panel vs. group vs. one on one vs. another format... Be prepared for it all. Things change from year to year and if you read previous years' threads you will get a good idea about what past interviews have been like.

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum. I've been looking all around for one for ATSU PA program this current cycle and I'm glad I found one! I have an interview Sept. 9th, and was looking on past forums about the interview process. Someone posted that there is a writing sample. Anyone know more about that?

I just got my email for interview invite this morning! I submitted my primary on 5/28 and was verified 6/03. I updated them with volunteer hours to make sure they knew I was continuing with the work over the summer. My date is Sep 9th, anyone else interviewing that day?

Hey I'm interviewing that day also!

pac-1525, One suggestion would be to visit andrewrodican.com and look at the book, How to "Ace" the Physician Assistant School Interview." Also while on the site you can use the "Contact" section to request a FREE 90 page "Focus Pack" that will provide many interview questions, in a test format; (choose A, B, or C), and allow you to select the best answer out of the three questions. The next page will give the rationale for the answer that's most appropriate. Failure to prepare, is preparing to fail.

Thank you very much for the helpful post! I will be ordering that ASAP!:)

Booked my flight! :) I'll be coming in early to Phoenix on the 22nd so I'll be there to explore a bit the day before the interview. So excited to meet you guys, stay hopeful and encouraged! We've all worked so hard to get to even an interview, enjoy this opportunity!

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Glad you guys are communicating and sharing info. One thing that I will advise strongly against is sharing/disclosing information with regards to the substance of what goes on during interview. The pages are monitored and inappropriate disclosure can be seen as an integrity/professionalism issue.

Not trying to poop on anyone's Cheerios but just reminding all to respect the process.

Feeling super grateful and relieved. Sitting in the airport waiting to go home and got the call saying I'm accepted. I hope to see a lot of the people I interviewed with. Good luck everyone

Congrats Jordan!!!! I knew you would nail your interview. Well deserved bud!!!

Make Today Amazing!!!

Archived