• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do NOT bring your resume to the interview. Everything they need to know about you is included in the CASPA application. Additionally, Do NOT cover what's in your resume when you write your essay. While on the Yale admissions committee one young lady submitted her resume with her application (this was before CASPA). In the bottom right hand corner, under "special talents",  it read; "I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue." There were two women PAs and myself conducting the interview. Needless to say,the two women weren't too happy with that comment. The applicant was also an "Off-Broadway" actress. So when we asked her to tell us about her most memorable patient, she began talking about her Mom who had cancer. She then began to cry. One of the female interviewer's asked her; "How do we know you're not acting now?" Ouch! Needless to say if she hadn't submitted her resume, she may have been accepted, maybe???

The take home message is, don't give them more than they ask for!

If you would like to receive posts from my facebook page,  facebook,com/ajrassociates, like my page and you'll receive posts like this:  https://www.facebook.com/ajrassociates/posts/987010964652570:0

That is OK, one more spot for me! orQ7S9V.gif

Congrats to everyone who get accepted so far. Does anyone know the class size for this year? I will have an interview soon so if everyone could please tell me what should i bring for the interview such as any document paper, transcripts, snacks or anything? This is my first interview for PA school so i am very worrying and nervouse as well. Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who get accepted so far. Does anyone know the class size for this year? I will have an interview soon so if everyone could please tell me what should i bring for the interview such as any document paper, transcripts, snacks or anything? This is my first interview for PA school so i am very worrying and nervouse as well. Thank you so much.

I brought a copy of my CV and my CASPA application, but I haven't needed them at any of my interviews yet. Bring mints but other than that, you're good. 

Honestly be yourself it was my first chance to actually talk about what I was passionate about and remember why you're doing this and going through all this, show them your passions and let it shine through you! They don't ask you anything hard or anything you need to prepare for just know yourself and why you've fought as hard as you have!

Was informed after my interview last Wednesday that I've been accepted into the class of 2018!!!! I'm at a loss for words! Very excited about this AMAZING opportunity!

For those still waiting to hear back, stay positive! For those that have an upcoming interview, be yourself, smile, and RELAX! The staff is very friendly and the interview is very back and forth communication. Sooooo just talk like you would to a friend or a family member, but convey your passion and determination through your words. Best of wishes and know that whatever happens it's meant to be! Don't ever give up on your dreams.

Make Today Amazing!!!

Archived