Spoken to? no...but I did get this from them yesterday...

The Arizona School of Health Sciences/A.T. Still University Physician Assistant Program currently has all seats/interview slots filled for the class beginning in June 2016. We are no longer accepting secondary application payments at this time. Your CASPA application will remain on file and you will be contacted should seats open up at a later date. If you are interested in applying to our program for the next application cycle, we encourage you to complete your file early as we offer seats on a rolling admissions basis. Thank you for your interest in the ASHS/ATSU Physician Assistant program.

Little annoyed at this, I understand thats the name of the game in rolling admissions...but to fill them before september? Seems like they might as well set their application deadline for July 1st.

When did you receive your application complete status? I'm just wondering because I didn't receive that email.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did you receive your application complete status? I'm just wondering because I didn't receive that email.

Neither did I... When I spoke to Amanda, she told me that once seats open up, more interviews will be given out. So I hope maybe couple weeks from now, they might have a some slots.

I didn't receive that email, either. I submitted my application back in early June and haven't heard anything since the email acknowledging my application was complete.

Hmm that is odd considering you applied early. I don't know how their admissions process works but I would assume they let us know our status either way. I tried calling admissions but received voicemails every time I called.

At least they are being honest and not just taking your money and running. Applying early is really important though. I applied last year and was wait listed by 4 schools this year I'm already accepted at AT and have 4 interviews lined up. If you don't get in this year apply as soon as caspa opens up

I just recieved this :

"We are pleased to inform you that your application to the A.T. Still University - Arizona School of Health Sciences is complete. Your credentials will now be submitted to the Screening Committee for review and pending the Committee's recommendation, you will be notified of your application status."

Still hope for an interview ya think?!

Called admissions yesterday, and they confirmed that all interview slots have been filled. However, they are continuing to review applications in case interview slots open up. She didn't sound very hopeful, but at least she was honest. 

Didn't you submit your application early? I am trying to figure out how they're sending interviews

Didn't you submit your application early? I am trying to figure out how they're sending interviews

I sure did. I submitted my application on June 11th and received an email on June 22nd stating it was complete. I don't know how they are sending out interviews; I would have thought that if I hadn't received an interview invitation by now, I would have received a rejection. 

If anybody is giving up an interview sooner than November 18th, could you please PM me before you release it so I can go in and take the sooner date?  Bonnie said that they get snatched up fast, so any additional notice would be greatly appreciated.  I would like to interview sooner if possible.  

Thanks!!

Honestly there were no questions that made me sweat so don't worry. ATs interview style was relaxed and mainly focused on seeing if your goals match theirs mainly to serve in a primary care capacity to underserved groups and areas. It was so important that in the beginning of the session Dr. Simon told us that if you don't care about the mission, they don't want you there

Do NOT bring your resume to the interview. Everything they need to know about you is included in the CASPA application. Additionally, Do NOT cover what's in your resume when you write your essay. While on the Yale admissions committee one young lady submitted her resume with her application (this was before CASPA). In the bottom right hand corner, under "special talents",  it read; "I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue." There were two women PAs and myself conducting the interview. Needless to say,the two women weren't too happy with that comment. The applicant was also an "Off-Broadway" actress. So when we asked her to tell us about her most memorable patient, she began talking about her Mom who had cancer. She then began to cry. One of the female interviewer's asked her; "How do we know you're not acting now?" Ouch! Needless to say if she hadn't submitted her resume, she may have been accepted, maybe???

The take home message is, don't give them more than they ask for!

If you would like to receive posts from my facebook page,  facebook,com/ajrassociates, like my page and you'll receive posts like this:  https://www.facebook.com/ajrassociates/posts/987010964652570:0

Archived