January 2016 Start,

I received an interview invitation on June 1, however I am still finishing up the Genetics requirement and will not be able to interview until it is complete (The end of August). Are there any past applicants who went through a similar situation? If so, how did it work out? I am a little nervous interviewing so late in the cycle with the rolling admissions process. 

When I spoke to Karen she offered me two different dates to reschedule, July 11th and July 25th, so my impression is that there are interviews about every other Saturday. That should give you an idea of how many interview sessions there will be before you. Best of luck! :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an interview invitation on June 1, however I am still finishing up the Genetics requirement and will not be able to interview until it is complete (The end of August). Are there any past applicants who went through a similar situation? If so, how did it work out? I am a little nervous interviewing so late in the cycle with the rolling admissions process. 

You aren't even given an interview until you finish all of the pre reqs? I am taking Genetics this Fall so won't finish that course until December. Does that mean I wouldn't get to interview until then?

You aren't even given an interview until you finish all of the pre reqs? I am taking Genetics this Fall so won't finish that course until December. Does that mean I wouldn't get to interview until then?

Initially when I was contacted by Karen she had said the prerequisites needed to be complete by their Sept. 1 deadline prior to receiving interview. However, I was contacted again yesterday with an invitation for an interview for either July 11 or 25. You may want to contact the office of admissions and ask for clarification regarding your situation. 

This is my first time applying anywhere.  Stats are solid, but the application has been a struggle and I am worried something is screwed up that I missed.  Mostly issues with CASPA.

I have a few questions.  I was just verified today, so how long before I should expect some kind of response?  Will they contact me and let me know that all materials have arrived?  When/if they do contact me for an interview is it via email or phone?  Any kind of info would be welcome.  Thanks.   

This is my first time applying anywhere.  Stats are solid, but the application has been a struggle and I am worried something is screwed up that I missed.  Mostly issues with CASPA.

I have a few questions.  I was just verified today, so how long before I should expect some kind of response?  Will they contact me and let me know that all materials have arrived?  When/if they do contact me for an interview is it via email or phone?  Any kind of info would be welcome.  Thanks.   

They will contact you solely through email.

As far as the prerequisites being finished before they bring you in for an interview they seem to be handling that on a case by case basis.  I am taking Biology 1 and 2 right now because they are over 5 years old.  Since I have taken them before and I have an A in both they went ahead and had me in for an interview.  I'm glad the interview is behind me but now I am sitting here checking my email every 2-3 minutes waiting for an update.

Can anyone shed some light on the interview day and how it was structured? 

It was very laid back and relaxed in my opinion. There is an essay, time to speak to current students, and two one-on-one interviews. They really just want to get to know you as a person. If you've made it to the interview portion, they know your stats and obviously think that you are worth meeting! :) I was very comfortable and really enjoyed my interview experience.

did the one-on-one interviews involve some of the "why do you want to be a pa" questions or more of a conversational vibe?

After talking to other applicants, it varied per person. It just depends who interviews you. There are multiple interviewers and obviously they will all have different questions to ask. Good luck!

Accepted! Good luck to everyone else! For the ladies accepted, did you guys have any check marks on the conditions page? I had a check mark next to official transcripts, which is odd because i know they should have them through CASPA.

Congratulations!! And yes, mine had that checked as well.

I created a Facebook group for those who were accepted to get to know each other a bit and ask each other questions. "Bethel University PA Program Class of 2018"

I can't find the group on Facebook for some reason? Anyone else having a hard time finding it?

Archived