NHSC scholarship

It looks like there is more discussion on the dental school forum. From what I gather, there is a huge credit check sometime in mid to late June. In July, they send out finalist notifications. If you get that letter, you have pretty much been accepted for the scholarship. 

• 1 month later...

So...has anybody discovered an update? I just checked SDN and it appears both MD/DO and Dental applicants have had credit checks from CREDCO on 6/11. Naturally I went to creditkarma to see if I was so lucky. Unfortunately, not yet. What about any other PA applicants? The review period was 6/16 - 6/26, so we're still early in the process. Crazy that some applicants had credit checks before their application was even under review...

Anyone have ANYTHING to share???

• 2 weeks later...

I got my credit checked on 6/11 according to CreditKarma.  It was listed as being checked by CredCo so I called the company and they were able to tell me that it was HRSA that checked my credit.  I am hoping that means good news!

What's your HIPSA score? 

I wouldn't have a HPSA score yet because I am still in school...I believe that's important for the loan repayment program, but not for the scholarship? Unless I'm mistaken

Sorry  -- I am referring to the loan repayment, not the scholarship.  I wonder if the loan repayment works the same way. 

Absolutely nothing :/ No credit check, and still "Under Review" on the portal.

Congratulations on your credit check :) I certainly hope we PAs will have some representatives in the ranks!

I don't mean to be sour grapes, but I'm growing skeptical on how honest HRSA is with their selection process... They claim to start reviews with the Tier 1 applicants (EFNs, which only MD, DO, and DDS? qualify for) and then opt for Tier 2 (Disadvantaged Background) and so on. I am a Tier 2 applicant who has worked/volunteered, typically full-time, with underserved, impoverished populations addressing social and  health disparities for the past 10 years--since graduating undergrad. That I'm not even getting a look doesn't make sense to me.

In pure curiosity cmbooth, would you share your "tier"? Again--huge congrats to you!!! I do hope you're one of the luckies :)

I got an e-mail from NHSC today that stated this. 

You have an application update that requires your response and is time sensitive. Please log into your 2015 National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program 

You have until 07/31/2015 to respond to this request. If you do not respond by 07/31/2015, your application will no longer be considered for an award.

Did anyone else get this e-mail today? 

I did not...Congratulations though, I believe that means that you received the scholarship! I am hoping they will send out more acceptances this week! Fingers crossed!

I got an e-mail from NHSC today that stated this. 

You have an application update that requires your response and is time sensitive. Please log into your 2015 National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program 

You have until 07/31/2015 to respond to this request. If you do not respond by 07/31/2015, your application will no longer be considered for an award.

Did anyone else get this e-mail today? 

• 2 weeks later...

Received the finalist e-mail and am now listed as "accepted award-under final review." According to threads from previous years, the next important thing to look for is a co-signature from HRSA that usually happens around August 20th-ish. Then we won't hear final word of scholarship awardees until around September 20th. Word on the street is that when you see that co-signature, you're golden. 

Congratulations!! Out of curiosity when did you receive your acceptance email??

Received the finalist e-mail and am now listed as "accepted award-under final review." According to threads from previous years, the next important thing to look for is a co-signature from HRSA that usually happens around August 20th-ish. Then we won't hear final word of scholarship awardees until around September 20th. Word on the street is that when you see that co-signature, you're golden.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived