UNTHSC 2015-2016 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys so just checking in... I'm not directing this towards people who have received interviews but more towards the people who haven't heard anything at all. I finally worked up the nerve to send an email today checking the status of my application. To my surprise I received some unfortunate news that apparently they sent me a "no interview/rejection" email on October 19th. I never received this email and I have been religiously checking both my inbox and spam constantly. Adrienne Lustgarten, the admissions lady sending me the email said, "We sent an email to you on October 19th titled, “UNTHSC – Application Status”.  It appears as though it was delivered but not opened." She also said that they have been having this problem frequently this application cycle, with many applicants not actually receiving emails. I know I had everything submitted very late (September 28th to be exact) and they had supposedly already made a decision regarding my application less than a month later. My point in sharing this disappointment with you all is to encourage those of you that have applied even sooner than I had or around the same time as me and haven't heard anything at all to email to double check that your email didn't get lost in cyber space like mine did. It would be a shame to have been offered an interview and miss it due to failed technology. 

On a side note, I obviously will be re-applying next year. Are any of you re-applicants and what did you do to make you're overall application better by next cycle.

Archived