UNTHSC 2015-2016 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ya'll! I am a second year student who will be helping out with the interview this Saturday! Try and stay as relaxed as possible and be yourself. They extended an interview because they know you can survive academically in the program and now they want to get to know YOU. All the faculty are great and really welcoming and this was by far my most relaxed interview when I was going through the process. Good luck to everyone and if you have any questions at all on interview day don't be afraid to ask the ambassadors. That's what we are there for! 

I will also be there on 9/26 for the morning session. Very nervous too! 

I will also be there the morning of the 26th!  I would say don't be nervous, but obviously you can't just stop nerves in their tracks :).  However, I have a friend in the program and just like Patxhopeful1 says it sounds like the interview is not bad at all.  To give you an example of an interview that was likely much worse my first interview included a 2.5 hour small group interview with 8 interviewees alternating answering questions, two individual interviews (one faculty member, one student), and a writing sample.  Compared to that UNT's interview sounds like a cake walk lol.

I did the afternoon interview on the 26th. It is basically a six part process, 3 of which are part of assessing you, and 3 of which are to sell the school. We had lunch first, then we broke up into groups with a student leader for each group. My group started with the writing assessment, which was a 20 min essay about a given topic/question. That felt the most difficult for me, for the simple fact that my handwriting is not very fast!

Next we had a one-on-one interview with a faculty member. It felt like it went by very fast! We had a good discussion about several topics, some of which were my experiences from the CASPA application.

After that we did a team exercise where (I believe) we were assessed for ability/inclination to work work as/with a team. We were given a scenario and asked to work together to find a solution. I actually felt like this was the most fun part of the day!

Finally there was a question and answer session with faculty, another with 2nd year students, and finally a tour.

All in all it was a good day. It was nice to get the stressful part over with first, but that was just my group, other groups had their activities in different orders. The atmosphere was very friendly though, and everyone did their best to keep a low stress environment, which was really nice!

All of the faculty we met, including my interviewer, were both professional and very friendly. Some applicants from my group had already had interviews at other schools like UTMB and UT Southwestern, they all agreed that the UNT interview was the friendliest!

Has anyone heard back from the September 26 interview? I have been so anxious since the interview.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything yet, and I feel your pain.  UNT is definitely at the top of my list hence the anxiety levels are a bit higher as I wait to hear from them.  I wouldn't be too worried yet though.  Felicity did say that we should hear between 1 and 4 weeks and we haven't even reached the 1 week mark :).

Interviewed on the 26th, in the AM session, and received a call yesterday (October 5th) accepting me to the program. Wanted to post letting others know where they are at in the process right now, good luck to all!

Congrats on the acceptance!  That makes me even more nervous now that they have started calling people lol.

Interviewed on the 26th, in the AM session, and received a call yesterday (October 5th) accepting me to the program. Wanted to post letting others know where they are at in the process right now, good luck to all!

Congrats!! Around what time did they call you? I received a call on Monday from an unknown number.. I'm not sure if it was them.. they would leave a message right? Or should I call them and ask?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I got the call in the early afternoon, I missed the call though and they did leave a message. I would assume, but can't say for sure, that leaving a message would be standard as most people are working or busy during the day. Hope you hear back soon!

When did you have everything submitted? And how long from that date did they notify you? I submitted late due to some unforeseen circumstances and I think maybe now I'm only eligible for the last interview if at all ?

CASPA submitted 07/16

CASPA verified 08/08 (one of my transcripts got lost in the mail) 

Complete and under review 08/20 

Interview invite 09/08 

So not too bad of a turnaround although it may be a bit slower now due to them also having to make decisions from the first interview group. 

Archived