Transcript Matching Form

Is it necessary to download the transcript matching form, sent it to your school, and then hoping that the letter arrives so they can send the transcripts to CASPA?

Or can I just do everything online, and order transcripts online for the school to send it straight to CASPA (which would save an extra step)

This is all detailed on the "How to Send Transcripts" section of the CASPA FAQ:

http://help.unicas.com:8888/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/how-to-send-transcripts/sending-u-s-canadian-transcripts/index.html

How you actually request the transcripts depends on the schools you went to and their process. Usually the school requires that you do it a certain way, either through a website or form on their site or by mail, or whatever. You'd need to research that with your schools.

• Administrator

Yes, it's necessary.  They get tens of thousands of transcripts, and have neither the time nor the inclination to look up who you are: they scan the form that comes with the transcripts to get them to the right spot.

Registrars' offices know how to deal with this, as other professional schools portfolio service (e.g., law school) have been doing this for years.  It may be a bit more hassle for you, but it is absolutely expected.

When my transcripts (I had 5) allowed me to request by mail, I sent the form along with the request. Three only allowed online ordering. Two of those allowed me to add an attachment, so I attached the form. One did not and I hope it gets to the right place!

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrator

I seem to recall that when I couldn't use or include a form (more often the case than not), I included my CASPA ID in the address in some way, e.g. ATTN: CASPA ID 2367854376 ... Just as the FAQ says to do.

I should stop answering these questions, I fear, since each year CASPA gets farther removed from how I did it in 2009.

You do NOT have to use the form but it does make it 100% quicker and more efficient to match them to your application. That said, right now, that is not such a problem since we just launched, but in the next two months, tens of thousands of transcripts will be coming through and this could delay matching to your application greatly because of the higher volume, so use it if you can - there is really no reason not to. If you absolutely cannot do it or your school will not use is (some schools won't send it with the transcripts), have them include your CASPA ID#. 

Archived