UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! I'm super excited! Can't  wait to meet everyone ! 

Plan on going to the dinner Monday evening. I've talked with a bunch of my classmates already and there should be a pretty good turn out from the first year students. It's a laid back environment to ask us any questions you guys have about the program without the faculty being present. I believe we are still doing it at the Swamp restaurant after everything is done on the first day. They should give you some more details soon (if they already haven't).

What did the second review email say? Also when did you receive the first? Thanks!!

"The Admissions Committee has completed their inital review of your application materials, and your application has now been forwarded for a second level evaluation from members of the Admissions Committee. A member of the Admissions Committee will contact you directly if you have been selected for an interview this admissions cycle. Otherwise, you will be contacted by the end of the admissions cycle with our final decision."

I received the first email August 19th that said my application was complete. I received the second review email on August 25th! 

Plan on going to the dinner Monday evening. I've talked with a bunch of my classmates already and there should be a pretty good turn out from the first year students. It's a laid back environment to ask us any questions you guys have about the program without the faculty being present. I believe we are still doing it at the Swamp restaurant after everything is done on the first day. They should give you some more details soon (if they already haven't).

Yes they said it was going to be at the Swamp restaurant in the letter and I am definitely attending! Looking forward to hearing some advice! 

From the CASPA FAQ ............... ACADEMIC UPDATE (COURSEWORK)

You CAN make updates to your coursework section for newly completed or planned courses using a system called Academic Update. Using this system requires the following:

Application Must Be Verified

You cannot make any updates to your coursework section until your application is in the “Verified” status.

Works on 2015 or 2016 terms ONLY

Academic Update is intended to allow you to change your previously planned/in-progress courses to completed and self-report your grades for this work. You may also add future planned courses. The system will NOT allow you to go back and edit previously verified terms or add in terms you forgot to report from past years (i.e. you never updated your fall 2012 work before you were verified).

No Time Frame or Update Limit

There is no time frame to use Academic Update. You can update your work from the day you are verified until the end of the application cycle. You can also submit Academic Updates multiple times during the course of the cycle. However, please note that when submitting an update, you must move the entire TERM from in-progress to complete. You cannot move only some of the courses within a term to completed and add the rest later.

CASPA Does Not Update Your GPA

Any grades you report as part of Academic Update will NOT be verified and your CASPA GPA will NOT be updated. Updating these courses is only so your PA programs will have these grades entered into the electronic system and can update your GPA locally at their institution.

DO NOT SEND UPDATED TRANSCRIPTS TO CASPA

Once your application is verified the first time, do NOT send any updated transcripts to CASPA. Since we will not re-verify your application and your schools can NOT view these transcripts, it is a waste of a transcript fee. Send any updated transcripts directly to your PA programs if they require them.

HOW TO USE ACADEMIC UPDATE

Once your application status is “verified,” navigate to the “Coursework” section. Uncheck the “Planned/In Progress” box on any terms that are now completed, and enter the appropriate credits and grades. Please note you must have completed ALL of the courses in the term before switching the term’s status to complete. At this time, you may also enter any new planned or in-progress terms. Once you are finished adding all of your new courses, your update is complete. Click the blue “Update My Application” button on your dashboard to send this update to your programs.

As soon as you click “Update My Application”, your information is updated on the admissions portal of your designated programs immediately. CASPA also sends automatic notifications to your designated programs that your application has been updated.

How long does it generally take to get the information for interview once one has been invited? I got the call on Monday, it's now Saturday, and I haven't gotten an email or anything in snail mail. Just wanted to ask you guys before I called them because I know that they are incredibly busy. Thanks.

It's a letter by mail. I remember it taking (or seeming to take) 5/6 business days to get to me. They ussually send things the next day or the day after that because if I'm not mistaken the university mail comes early (9am-10am?).

I think I was called on a Tuesday and my got letter next Monday, but I may be mistaken.

You should receive some sort of notification.

Some are immediate, see above, and some might be in December after the final interview group. Check last year's thread for a good idea of how it usually works out.

Honestly, if you don't hear anything, it usually means you are in the "under consideration" pile. Lots of spots still left, so hang in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Archived