UF Class of 2018

I wouldn't try to deduce anything by who gets what email when. If you get an interview, you will get a phone call. Good luck! Heads up, first interview session is August 31-Sep 2. So some of you will be getting that phone call soon :-)

Yay!!! Thanks for the info and the heads up! I have that phone number programed and I am staring at my phone like crazy lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hey everyone. This is my second time applying. BIG thankyou to all of the alumni who check out these forums and keep us all sane. :) UF is STILL my number one school. Since my last application, I have seriously raised my GPA, became certified as an EMT and started volunteer firefighting. I also volunteer with refugees downtown. I didn't want to give them a single reason for doubting me. Being a PA is, and will always be, the most important thing-- but if I had my choice, it's Florida handsdown. 

I might be a yankee, but i'm a southerner at heart ;) 

Goodluck to everyone and please keep us updated!

I have just been verified today FYI. 

Yay!!! Thanks for the info and the heads up! I have that phone number programed and I am staring at my phone like crazy lol.

Hey @Jdizzl11---

I have received two emails from UF but not sure if the second one means second round as you're talking about.

The first email was received CASPA and sent to adcom and the most recent was it is all complete and all materials are being reviewed??

What was your second one just to see??

Hey @Jdizzl11---

I have received two emails from UF but not sure if the second one means second round as you're talking about.

The first email was received CASPA and sent to adcom and the most recent was it is all complete and all materials are being reviewed??

What was your second one just to see??

So I received one email saying my information was received. Then another saying my app was complete. Then another email saying what being forwarded to Adcom for review. Then a 4th email saying it was being forwarded to a second level Adcom review.

Guest briellecohen

6/21 submitted CASPA

7/7 CASPA verified

7/13 first email: "We have received your application materials from CASPA. Your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review."

Just graduated undergrad at UF! Go Gators!

UF will call you if you are offered an interview. I'm not sure if it's going to come from the same number because we are transitioning to the new medical school building this week, but in the past it has come from (352) 265-0111. Bookmark it in your phone because it is the main switchboard number to Shands hospital and can be easy to dismiss.

I wouldn't conclude that because they don't call to let you know every step of the process, UF somehow cares less. Would it be nice, yes. Is the lower tuition also very nice, yes. 

The admissions department consists of an administrative assistant and one faculty member/director of admissions. If anything, they maximize the time focused on current students. In my experience, that is the way I felt and being well prepared for passing the PANCE was just one way this showed. 

Phone calls have started for interview invites-- Dates so far are Aug 31st and Sept 21nd. Sounds like a two day interview process. I will be attending the Sept 21+22nd group :) Just wanted to post those dates so you can keep your schedules clear if you are interested in interviewing with UF. Good luck everybody! So grateful for the call and looking forward to meeting potential future classmates! ! If anyone wants to get a hotel together for the night of the 20th and 21st (female), let me know!

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Phone calls have started for interview invites-- Dates so far are Aug 31st and Sept 21nd. Sounds like a two day interview process. I will be attending the Sept 21+22nd group :) Just wanted to post those dates so you can keep your schedules clear if you are interested in interviewing with UF. Good luck everybody! So grateful for the call and looking forward to meeting potential future classmates! ! If anyone wants to get a hotel together for the night of the 20th and 21st (female), let me know!

So did you just get the call? Congrats!! When were you finalized? I am sure we are all excited to find out when they called and all that stuff!:D

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Also did you get an email that said you were being sent for a second level review by ad com?

So did you just get the call? Congrats!! When were you finalized? I am sure we are all excited to find out when they called and all that stuff!:D

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

congratulations! When did they call you?

Congratulations!

Yes, it is a two day process.

Usually, day one is an info session, student presentation, and the group experience. Day two is the interview day.

FYI, day two may actually not be the immediate next day, but the day after for those who are local.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hey everyone--- I did get the email about my application going to second level of review, and I got the call this afternoon. My application was verified mid- may. Hope that answers any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does thank you! Mine was as well. Fingers crossed. Do you live out of state? Or are you a local Floridian?

Archived