UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok great! Thanks for info. I sent it on Saturday so hopefully will get a confirm soon!

I mailed my acceptance on the 11th of November and received email confirmation from Ms. Kays on the 17th so you should receive something by Friday or next week at the latest. If you don't hear anything by then, give her a call. She's great!

The last interviews are going on this morning.

Not necessarily, on the website it said that sometimes they go into Jan. depending on the number of applicants. Since every school is stating that they have received more applications than ever, it wouldn't surprise me if they add interview dates. Especially considering so many of us haven't heard anything yet. 

Not necessarily, on the website it said that sometimes they go into Jan. depending on the number of applicants. Since every school is stating that they have received more applications than ever, it wouldn't surprise me if they add interview dates. Especially considering so many of us haven't heard anything yet. 

True, but I cannot recall UF doing this in many, many years. Also, Woodsters has been and is a very good source for this information. Thus, I'm thinking that the last interviews occurred yesterday. I'm open to being surprised, but with more applicants than ever before, there will be a lot people that will not hear anything until they get a letter in January. 

UF is a tough program to get into (what PA program isn't?) and I know plenty of students and current PAs who applied multiple times. So, figure out what can be done to improve the application next year, keep pushing forward and your head up, and apply again. Also, keep in mind that while studying at UF is an admirable focus, being a PA should be the goal. Apply  to multiple programs all of which you could see yourself attending. 

I have been personally involved in this process for 8 years (from the time of my very first interview as a prospective student until this year as my second year as a a guest PA interviewer) and they have yet to go into January for interviews. There are really only two potential (but very unlikely) scenarios that would cause them to interview one more time: 1. if they did a poor job of choosing who got to interview for the seven scheduled "rounds of interviews" and they simply could not find a cohort of 60 qualified students among them or 2. of those who interviewed and were accepted (including the wait list), they could not find 60 who would accept the seats (ie they declined admission for any reason). Neither of these are likely so please follow Checko's advice listed above.

I would love to be wrong about this but...

They just finished the last rounds of interviews yesterday. Sometime by the end of the semester (December 18) they will make the "final" phone calls offering seats in the class. Once they get to the magic number of 60 they will make a list of wait listed students. Everyone else who interviewed as well as those who don't will likely get a rejection letter in January. This at least seems to be the routine. It could change.

They just finished the last rounds of interviews yesterday. Sometime by the end of the semester (December 18) they will make the "final" phone calls offering seats in the class. Once they get to the magic number of 60 they will make a list of wait listed students. Everyone else who interviewed as well as those who don't will likely get a rejection letter in January. This at least seems to be the routine. It could change.

Last interviews were in fact yesterday. Just FYI, it took me 2 cycles to gain acceptance to this program. I interviewed at one school the first year I applied, and quickly realized that I didn't want to go anywhere else. If you truly want to goto UF, just use the extra time to save some money and strengthen your application with everything you can find. It isn't the end of the world. I used that extra time to get some great one-on-one clinical experience that has been incredibly valuable during didactic year.

That being said, and to reiterate GreatChecko, becoming a PA is the goal here. We are all going to have the same degrees after graduation.

Last interviews were in fact yesterday. Just FYI, it took me 2 cycles to gain acceptance to this program. I interviewed at one school the first year I applied, and quickly realized that I didn't want to go anywhere else. If you truly want to goto UF, just use the extra time to save some money and strengthen your application with everything you can find. It isn't the end of the world. I used that extra time to get some great one-on-one clinical experience that has been incredibly valuable during didactic year.

That being said, and to reiterate GreatChecko, becoming a PA is the goal here. We are all going to have the same degrees after graduation.

Very true. I work along side grads from community college programs to top flight national universities. We all do the same thing and have the same title.

Still darn proud to be a Gator PA though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Was thinking the same thing FuturePA101! It seems that if history repeats itself, calls seem to be made the following Monday after the last interview session (info gathered from reading previous years threads). So today would be the day! I haven't heard a peep, nor have any of the contacts I made at my interview session. Maybe it will be next week instead? I'm anxious to hear as well since the other program I was accepted to starts next month!

Was thinking the same thing FuturePA101! It seems that if history repeats itself, calls seem to be made the following Monday after the last interview session (info gathered from reading previous years threads). So today would be the day! I haven't heard a peep, nor have any of the contacts I made at my interview session. Maybe it will be next week instead? I'm anxious to hear as well since the other program I was accepted to starts next month!

I have checked my phone at least 20 times today.. I'm going crazy! haha

This a process. As mentioned previously, only a few people get an immediate phone call and the rest have to wait until the end of the process which usually occurs the last week of the semester by the close of business (ie Friday December 18). For those of you who interviewed last week, most of you will have to wait until the committee meets to make final decisions. Fortunately for you, the wait will be short compared to everyone else who interviewed early. If you were not offered an immediate seat, you will be considered along with all the other interviewees who have yet to be offered a seat. Just be glad the waiting is almost over. Good luck!

So, if I never received a call about an interview but still haven't gotten a rejection email, I'm rejected? I know a ton of people who got rejection letters throughout the process and I haven't heard anything at all (I emailed them an update on a new job and just was told my application was still being considered). Does anyone know when they'll send out rejection letters to everyone who hasn't been interviewed. I just want to definitely be able to cross them off my list.

So, if I never received a call about an interview but still haven't gotten a rejection email, I'm rejected? I know a ton of people who got rejection letters throughout the process and I haven't heard anything at all (I emailed them an update on a new job and just was told my application was still being considered). Does anyone know when they'll send out rejection letters to everyone who hasn't been interviewed. I just want to definitely be able to cross them off my list.

Interviews have concluded for this application cycle. You should expect a letter from them sometime in January.

Archived