UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! You seem informed, may I ask a question: What is the first review and second review emails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the first review e-mail they send you once they have received all of your application materials and verifies that your application is complete.

The second review e-mail I received about a month later, notifying me that I passed an "initial review," and will be forwarded for "second level evaluation." After this e-mail is when you would wait for a possible interview invite call. 

Hope this information was helpful. 

Has anyone gotten an acual letter in addition to their call from Ms. Kays? I need to give up my seat at another program--I don't want someone else sweating out time on the waitlist--but I dont' feel super comfortable doing so until I have a deposit down with UF.

I got the letter about a week after she called, quickly sent in the deposit, and received a confirmation email stating my spot is reserved. It's an average sized letter with a 2 page introduction, 1 acceptance and 1 declining letter. You fill out your choice and send it back in the provided envelope which doesn't require postage.

Has anyone gotten an acual letter in addition to their call from Ms. Kays? I need to give up my seat at another program--I don't want someone else sweating out time on the waitlist--but I dont' feel super comfortable doing so until I have a deposit down with UF.

I'm in the same boat. I have a decision to make with another program by this Friday. I received the acceptance call from Ms. Kays last week Wednesday so hopefully I get the acceptance letter by the end of this week.

If you were called and told you have a seat in the program, then you have a seat in the program. The letter is a mere formality and you can safely turn down your other seats. If you have any doubt, call or write UF and tell them you have not received your letters and you just want to make sure everything is OK (ie, do they have the correct address, etc).

@HMN and @GatorChomp

May I ask, what other programs did you guys get accepted to that you plan to decline your seat in leu of accepting a seat at UF?

I was accepted at Barry St. Pete and Nova Orlando. I let my Barry seat go as soon as I got word from Nova, and have time to decline (February) but hate the idea of someone sweating out a waitlist beause I didn't pull the trigger sooner.

I received my acceptance letter around a week and a half after the official call. I will be accepting my seat and was hoping a former or current student could provide any insight he/she may have regarding loan repayment programs. I would like to hear more about someones experience with them as I am considering that as an option. Thank you in advance!

Many of the public loan repayment programs are contingent on funding and application AFTER one has a job and is working. Private loan repayment is often a benefit of employment and varies from employer to employer. Usually, rural employers offer this benefit. The challenge for both private and public loan repayment programs are tough to evaluate 2+ years into the future. They may look great now, but the qualifications, funding levels, and other details are likely to change by the time you get there, so keep that in mind. Plus, they are often not as lucrative as the scholarship programs which require application prior to beginning a program.

Thus, at this level in the game, I'd focus on scholarships. NHSC and the Navy HPSP are two great PA scholarship programs that I would seriously consider. 

Just wondering...did anyone else apply at the end of July/ early August and hasn't heard anything yet? I submitted CASPA July 22 and was verified August 10th. I got the initial review email on August 17th, and have gotten nothing since then. I'm still hoping for a second review email and/ or interview offer soon, but I know there's only 2 interview sessions left ????. Anyone else in this same situation?

I went to school on the NHSC scholarship. For loan repayment, you would need to talk to a graduate. Loan repayments are made after employment. There are other places on the forum that discuss this and you are more likely to find someone to help you elsewhere on the forum.

Woodsters, I was just wondering where you fulfilled your two years of service for the NHSC after graduating from the PA program? Did you have many options as to where to go, or was it difficult to find placement? Did you stay in FL? I know you have to be flexible with what job openings are available.

There are actually lots of options. Contrary to what some believe, you have a lot of control over where you wind up (meaning, you are not assigned a service area unless of course you fail to find your own job within six months). I started off in Gainesville at a not for profit clinic. The company that I worked for has 12 locations and I was asked to consider moving to one of the other locations. It was my choice and I accepted. I moved to Williston which is a small town of 2300 about 20 miles from Gainesville. But it wasn't the NHSC that asked me to consider the move. It was my employer. And I had the option. As long as you are flexible and realize you might have to move from where you are, there are a lot of clinics in every state that qualify.

Just got the call! I'm interviewing next monday and tuesday, I'm so excited!!

Congrats! When did you apply to UF and did you get both the first and second review emails? I'm still hoping for a chance to interview but I applied back in July/ verified in early August and haven't heard anything but a first review email back in August.

For those of you who have not yet gotten the call.. I confirmed today that UF will be extending interview invitations through December. There's hope :) Good luck everyone!

Hey! I interviewed in August and was told they are interviewing 147 people; so you are saying they are adding more interview dates than were originally planned? 

I think the word "extending" in the above context means "offering." Historically, the last interview session is in early December.

Hello, sorry for the confusion all. @GreatChecko is correct, my post was synonymous with "offering interview" through December. They website it correct, they have 21 interviewees to offer an interview too! My post was to clarify rumors that I had heard; saying they filled their class! Good luck everyone, I hope you get a December interview!!

Archived