UF Class of 2018

For anyone familiar with the admissions process, after interviews I know they accept a handful within a week of the interview and that most will hear in December about acceptance/rejection.

My question is if the admissions committee informs candidates who have already interviewed of acceptance as more interviews are held? For instance, the next interview is October 19-21. Is it possible that candidates from previous interviews hear something back during this interview session? Is it also possible that candidates hear something in the off weeks?

I just want to know if I should be expecting a phone call/e-mail from UF in the oncoming weeks or if I shouldn't expect anything until December.

Thank you for the help!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like every time they interview a batch of students and make a few immediate decisions they also reconsider prior interviewees and call some of them back along and along. So, yes, you might hear any time between now and December on an admissions decision. This will become more common the closer they get to the end of the process. The interviews next week are round 4 out of 7.

They always keep enough seats for those interviewing so that everyone is interviewing with the hope of obtaining an actual seat in the class and not merely a place on the waitlist. Therefore, by the last interview in December there will still be enough seats for every person in that interview group. I don't know how many per session they are interviewing but for simplicity sake let's say there are 20 people. At the time of the interview, there will be at least 20 seats still "unclaimed" and everyone at that session will have just as much chance of obtaining a seat as those who interviewed early.

It seems like every time they interview a batch of students and make a few immediate decisions they also reconsider prior interviewees and call some of them back along and along. So, yes, you might hear any time between now and December on an admissions decision. This will become more common the closer they get to the end of the process. The interviews next week are round 4 out of 7.

They always keep enough seats for those interviewing so that everyone is interviewing with the hope of obtaining an actual seat in the class and not merely a place on the waitlist. Therefore, by the last interview in December there will still be enough seats for every person in that interview group. I don't know how many per session they are interviewing but for simplicity sake let's say there are 20 people. At the time of the interview, there will be at least 20 seats still "unclaimed" and everyone at that session will have just as much chance of obtaining a seat as those who interviewed early.

Thank you for your quick response as always, Woodsters. Makes sense. Just want to have an idea of when to realistically expect to hear something from UF. A lot of hurry up and wait in the admissions process.

I'd also add that in past years, they seem to have been notifying the majority of candidates later on due to the larger number of candidates being interviewed overall. For example, when I interviewed, there were fewer interview sessions and a number of people were called in early October, but this doesn't seem to be occurring anymore. Lately, the pattern has been a few from each group get called immediately and then the rest get called in December. That being said, this is all based on past performance, so things may shift slightly year-to-year as they improve the overall process.

Yep, its a lot of hurry up and wait! It doesn't end ;)

I'd also add that in past years, they seem to have been notifying the majority of candidates later on due to the larger number of candidates being interviewed overall. For example, when I interviewed, there were fewer interview sessions and a number of people were called in early October, but this doesn't seem to be occurring anymore. Lately, the pattern has been a few from each group get called immediately and then the rest get called in December. That being said, this is all based on past performance, so things may shift slightly year-to-year as they improve the overall process.

Yep, its a lot of hurry up and wait! It doesn't end ;)

Definitely. I was told last year they only interviewed around 120 and now it's 147 so I can see where and how they're trying to optimize the selection process. Unfortunately, the waiting seems to be an inescapable part of it all. You wait for an interview, land an interview, then wait to hear about acceptance. Thankfully, UF's interview process and overall PA program is first-rate so it makes the wait worthwhile. Looking forward to the oncoming weeks and December!

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there is still a possibility they are inviting applicants for interviews? Thanks!

I got the call for an interview today! They offered me Nov 2-3 or Nov 16-17. I submitted around 7/20 and finally got my 2nd level review e-mail 10/13 (almost exactly 2 weeks ago). They're def still working through the applicants, don't lose hope ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received an interview offer after only receiving a "first review" email? Do they always send a "second review" stage email before an interview offer? I applied in late July (verified early August) and got my first review email in August and have hard nothing at all since. Is there still hope of me being offered an interview?

Has anyone received an interview offer after only receiving a "first review" email? Do they always send a "second review" stage email before an interview offer? I applied in late July (verified early August) and got my first review email in August and have hard nothing at all since. Is there still hope of me being offered an interview?

I just received my second level review today. I received my first review on Aug 31 if that helps.

I never received a second review email, however, my email changed recently. I asked Ms. Kays about it and she said they are "plowing through all of the applications right now so it is possible" that I did not get a second review email and just got the call.

All applications do get some level of review. I am not familiar with the program they are using to manage the admissions process and if the emails are automatic or if they are manually sent for each application, so the timing is very dependent on that process. That being said, the last wave of "Thanks, but no thanks" notifications do go out after the final interviews in December and the class and alternate list has been chosen, so it is possible not to hear anything for a few more months. 

They said at my interview the majority of people interviewing will find out their status in December. Does anyone know when in December? Early, middle, late? Thank you.

Within a week to 10 days after the final interview, invite calls go out. They aim to get everything done by the end of the academic year.

Once all those calls go out and the class is tentatively set, IIRC, letters will go out to those on the wait list. Usually, wait list letters and rejections are received by January.

All the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Archived