UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gator link creation should have just been for your supplemental application. You should have mailed a copy of that in to the office after submitting it online. After you do that, you really don't need to worry about the gator link stuff until Spring if they accept you.

They also should be contacting you through the email address that was provided to CASPA if they need anything. Interview invites will come via phone. If it is under review, there is nothing much else you can do but sit back and wait.

Hi guys!

I'm taking microbio now (my last pre-req) at UF and so far I've only received the First Level Admissions email. Does anyone know if they don't contact you again until the end of Fall when the final pre-req is submitted?

I was told by other schools to send in my grade for it at the end of Fall (that basically I won't be asked to interview or not until then), but haven't heard anything new from UF since the first level email! 

Just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat :) 

Received a message regarding an interview invite today! I called Karen back, but it seems after reading these posts that they are in the midst of an interview session so I may not hear back about which date right away. My second level review email was sent on Friday. I have a seat reserved at another program starting in January, but UF has been my #1 choice since the beginning of this journey. Btw, my transcripts are far from perfect so there is hope! :)

Just finished interviewing.

Interviewing at UF has been my most pleasant experience thus far. The faculty, staff and students are all apart of the orientation and welcoming process. They make you completely comfortable and really just want to get to know you. 1,500+ applicants and only 147 interview for 60 seats and 30 alternates. Needless to say, if you receive an interview invite, relax and trust in yourself and your journey.

Interview confirmed today for Oct 19th and 20th! Anyone else scheduled for then as well? Also, I was informed that I was able to bring a guest to the orientation day on the 19th, has anyone done this/do you recommend it? 

If you have someone who you'd like to come with you, definitely bring them. It's actually pretty common, especially if they are a significant other. I think its good for them to actually see what you are getting yourself into. Also, keep in mind that the information day and the interview days are separate, so no one really pays attention to who brought a guest and who they are with at the info session. On interview day, I'd recommend you send your guest to wander campus, go to one of the on-campus museums, grab a beer at one of the microbreweries, or to get some food from a restaurant downtown. It would definitely be a bit more noticeable/uncomfortable if they were sitting in the waiting area with you.

All the best!

To the many anxious/excited future interviewees :)

I agree with the previous posts---out of 7 interviews I completed this year, UF was by far the best interview experience and most impressive school.

It was a long 2 days, but the whole experience was really enjoyable. My biggest piece of advice would be to EAT a meal before you go to both days! You don't get to eat until late in the afternoon/early evening on the first day. They provide snacks in the middle of the day, but if you skip breakfast, it wont be enough :)

All of the applicants met early in the common area of the BEAUTIFUL new Harrell building. We had the opportunity to get to know eachother and chat with our peers, which made everyone feel more comfortable and relaxed. We were all rounded up and gathered in a conference room where we were introduced to faculity, current students, and informed about the program. They did a great job highlighting some of their unique program aspects, and during the process they created a very welcoming and friendly environment. A group interview and a writing sample were next. The writing sample took approx 10-20 minutes--they weren't trying to stump or trick you, it was a stress free assignment. The group interview was actually fun--and is less of an interview and more of a discussion with your peers where the faculty just observes. It sounds intimidating, but it really wasn't---it sounds so cliche but just be yourself. I believe they are trying to make sure you don't dominate conversations and allow everyone to contribute equally.  There was a tour involved-and the building is just so beautiful and modern, I don't think anyone is complaining about being stuck in it for 8+ hours a day ;)

The most enjoyable part of the first day was the presentation by the first and second year PA students. They do a great job outlining the program (including a brief run through of every class!), answering questions, easing your nerves, and describing their experiences. You can tell they all love the program, and were very casual and relatable people. Again, we were able to ask more questions in a more laidback environment when we went to dinner with a few students after the interview. This was my defining moment when I knew I loved the school. The students were so honest, relaxed, and open to answering any question that came to mind. It was a lot of fun and very clear that UF admission faculty have a lot of experience with choosing a great, cohesive class.

On interview day there is an option of attending one of the classes. DO IT! It was a little overwhelming how quickly they blow through material, but will be a good reminder to you of what you are getting yourself into :) The individual interviews were the most pleasent of all the schools I interviewed at. Very few of the "tell me about a time..." questions and more questions that are geared towards your application and your experiences. It was so nice that they took the time to get to know you before meeting you, and showed genuine interest in your life.

I hope this answers some people's questions or eases concerns. Feel free to private message me with any more questions. Oh yeah, I was accepted for UF class 2018! I had already put a $1000 deposit on another program before interviewing, and i'm happy to sacrifice it to be a UF PA grad :) Good luck everybody!

To the many anxious/excited future interviewees :)

I agree with the previous posts---out of 7 interviews I completed this year, UF was by far the best interview experience and most impressive school.

It was a long 2 days, but the whole experience was really enjoyable. My biggest piece of advice would be to EAT a meal before you go to both days! You don't get to eat until late in the afternoon/early evening on the first day. They provide snacks in the middle of the day, but if you skip breakfast, it wont be enough :)

All of the applicants met early in the common area of the BEAUTIFUL new Harrell building. We had the opportunity to get to know eachother and chat with our peers, which made everyone feel more comfortable and relaxed. We were all rounded up and gathered in a conference room where we were introduced to faculity, current students, and informed about the program. They did a great job highlighting some of their unique program aspects, and during the process they created a very welcoming and friendly environment. A group interview and a writing sample were next. The writing sample took approx 10-20 minutes--they weren't trying to stump or trick you, it was a stress free assignment. The group interview was actually fun--and is less of an interview and more of a discussion with your peers where the faculty just observes. It sounds intimidating, but it really wasn't---it sounds so cliche but just be yourself. I believe they are trying to make sure you don't dominate conversations and allow everyone to contribute equally. There was a tour involved-and the building is just so beautiful and modern, I don't think anyone is complaining about being stuck in it for 8+ hours a day ;)

The most enjoyable part of the first day was the presentation by the first and second year PA students. They do a great job outlining the program (including a brief run through of every class!), answering questions, easing your nerves, and describing their experiences. You can tell they all love the program, and were very casual and relatable people. Again, we were able to ask more questions in a more laidback environment when we went to dinner with a few students after the interview. This was my defining moment when I knew I loved the school. The students were so honest, relaxed, and open to answering any question that came to mind. It was a lot of fun and very clear that UF admission faculty have a lot of experience with choosing a great, cohesive class.

On interview day there is an option of attending one of the classes. DO IT! It was a little overwhelming how quickly they blow through material, but will be a good reminder to you of what you are getting yourself into :) The individual interviews were the most pleasent of all the schools I interviewed at. Very few of the "tell me about a time..." questions and more questions that are geared towards your application and your experiences. It was so nice that they took the time to get to know you before meeting you, and showed genuine interest in your life.

I hope this answers some people's questions or eases concerns. Feel free to private message me with any more questions. Oh yeah, I was accepted for UF class 2018! I had already put a $1000 deposit on another program before interviewing, and i'm happy to sacrifice it to be a UF PA grad :) Good luck everybody!

When did you get your acceptance call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived