Hey everybody!!  I am currently in my didactic year of PA school (YAY for almost being done with didactic!!).  This summer, before I start my clinical rotations, I am going on a medical mission to Guatemala.  We will be going to several rural villages and providing medical care, education, training and whatever else is needed!!  If anybody is interested in this, just message me and I can give you more details about the Non-Profit I will be going with.  If not, donations and/or sharing the link to my fundraising page would be VERY helpful!!  Thank you!!

www.gofundme.com/helpmeguatemala

• Upvote 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By futurepa777
      Hi,
      I am a dec 2018 grad board certified with a MA license, but having a lot of difficulty finding a job due to the "3-5 years experience" clause and the fact that many places are now giving priority to NP.
      A few months back family members had suggested I get a job as an MA but I dismissed the idea as I wanted to spend more time looking for a PA position and didn't think I would be hired as one without having completed a formal Medical Assisting program. Now over 6 months post graduation with no job offers and loan payments coming in, a few medical professionals have now mentioned the idea again.
      So before I start applying I wanted to see if any one has done this or knows if it is allowed? The other hurdle of course would be if the employer would hire knowing that  I would be looking for a PA position... thoughts?
    • By Emileenwood
      I have a quick question as CASPA approaches, I volunteered sporadically at big organizations throughout my undergrad so I was never given an actual supervisor for this volunteer experiences. What should I put down for CASPA then? Like for instance, I volunteered with my friends every December with Operation Christmas Child where we would just sign up online for a time slot and show up and volunteer. I do not have a supervisor name though so I am unsure how to report this...
    • By apthepa
      Hi guys! I'm sharing some resume writing tips on the blog this week for new graduate PAs. I'm no professional by any means but since a lot of people on instagram asked how I made my resume, I'm simply sharing what all I included in mine. Be sure to check it out if you're interested! Thanks 🙂

https://apthepa.blogspot.com/2019/01/physician-assistant-new-graduate-resume.html
    • By outontheparkway
      Hi all 

How do we go about logging volunteerhours? do we estimate them or do we need to keep a record of all our volunteer positions? Most of my volunteer work is small-time stuff scattered here and there but often enough. A fundraiser here a feeding the homeless here. I don't want the experiences to come off as forced just to get hours though. So how do we log volunteer hours on applications?

Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More