2015-2016 University of Colorado Application Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It's of course a generalized statement. However I personally know adcom (past and present) and members of classes (past and present). I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, so don't let this discourage you. However, in general, they focus on GPA and GRE. They have no min healthcare requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my undergrad overall is 3.1 science undergrad is 3.08. Graduate gpa 3.57 my Masters in Medical Sciences. GRE is 303. I have a million hours of paid patient care experience and excellent letters. One of which is from my graduate teacher. I hope they notice my graduate GPA

Well my undergrad overall is 3.1 science undergrad is 3.08. Graduate gpa 3.57 my Masters in Medical Sciences. GRE is 303. I have a million hours of paid patient care experience and excellent letters. One of which is from my graduate teacher. I hope they notice my graduate GPA

It sounds like you have some true strengths to your application. I wouldn't worry too much about which schools are "numbers" focused vs. using a holistic review. The fact is, much of this process is arbitrary. What one programs values one year, they may not value it the next, what one interviewer values, another may not. I think you've done all you can do by putting together the best application possible.

I think, one way or another, this will be a successful cycle for you!

• 3 weeks later...

This is my home state so applying here as well.

UC-Anschutz is... weird with who they accept. There isn't a locked down formula - they are heavy on numbers but if they see something they like in someone they'll invite to interview (this info coming from the pre-health advisers at UCDenver). They also accept a lot of out of state.

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

While on campus I heard some pretty exciting rumors (from a reliable source) about interviews this year!! It seems CU is switching to a "MMI" style interview modeled after MEDEX. Additionally they are saying that the interviewees will be told that same evening whether or not they were: selected, denied, or wait listed!!! So those interested in the interviews should glean information of the University of Washington MEDEX page!

Good luck!

Ps they have 2800 applicants already! ????

While on campus I heard some pretty exciting rumors (from a reliable source) about interviews this year!! It seems CU is switching to a "MMI" style interview modeled after MEDEX. Additionally they are saying that the interviewees will be told that same evening whether or not they were: selected, denied, or wait listed!!! So those interested in the interviews should glean information of the University of Washington MEDEX page!

Good luck!

Ps they have 2800 applicants already! ????

I just have a quick question. I tried looking this up on Washington's site but was not successful in finding any specifics on this type of interviewing. What is the difference between MEDEX and other interview styles? Thanks in advance ^_^

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

From reading past threads it seems that interviews usually begin around the second week of September.  Has anyone heard if they begin interviews any earlier in September than that?  Does anyone know how early in August the first interview invitations are sent out?  It seems that it is usually about mid-August.  

1st: sorry @Jdizzl11 slammed with exams lately so I haven't had anytime to re-research your query.

2nd - @rallen - while I can not specifically give you a time line, what I can tell you for sure is that it will be a much shorter interview process which WILL NOT spread into December, they are planning on doing 5-30 person MMI's or 4-35-ish (you do the math) to stop interviews from going on so late. As far as when they will begin - no true answers there, but most likely a little later than usual due to the massive quantity of applications received! However a little birdie already said they have some interviewees already chosen (not all). Super exciting! Can't wait to meet you all!

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit more info... There will be 4-36 person interviews, also the first interview group is chosen already (don't think Kay has emailed you all yet)!! And today they are doing a run through of the interview process as a staff. Additionally the MMI interview is based off the Peace Corps - so possibly research it based off that. I also heard that ya'll will get tablets as groups to think through problems! Super cool!

A little bit more info... There will be 4-36 person interviews, also the first interview group is chosen already (don't think Kay has emailed you all yet)!! And today they are doing a run through of the interview process as a staff. Additionally the MMI interview is based off the Peace Corps - so possibly research it based off that. I also heard that ya'll will get tablets as groups to think through problems! Super cool!

That's awesome! Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed!

I have not but congrats!!!. When was all of your stuff sent and completed?

Thank you! 

I submitted CASPA on June 29th and the CU supplemental application on July 17th. I received an email stating they received my complete application on July 20th. 

Thank you!

I submitted CASPA on June 29th and the CU supplemental application on July 17th. I received an email stating they received my complete application on July 20th.

Awesome thank you. I have roughly the same time line as you. Good luck!

Archived