2015-2016 University of Utah Application Thread

Hey everyone, Colorado applicant here. First time applying, I'm curious what other schools people have applied to. I'm a little late to the party and all the other schools I like require GRE which I haven't taken, so I'm an all eggs in one basket candidate this year. Finders crossed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AB0813,

My stats are decent, around 3.7 cumulative GPA, science is around 3.4. I have over 5,000 HCE hours, 150hrs shadowing and 500 volunteer hours. I have two bachelor degrees, graphic design and general education.

I'm hopeful of getting and interview but will see what happens. What are your stats?

@milesHenson1, your stats are competitive. Mine are different. cum GPA around 3.4, science 3.8ish, 2600+ HCE, ~100 shadowing and ~300 volunteer. Undergrad in sociology. I've studied/lived overseas and am bilingual, so hoping that helps! This admissions process is so varied and uncertain, but all we can do is stay positive and wish everyone the best!

Oh give me a break. First off, in the real world you have time to prepare written responses in graduate level or any other level. Secondly, there is no honor code to sharing or not sharing the essays the reason they want to time you is so that you don't have any time to prepare or edit. They want to know you visceral reaction to the topics much like an interviewer wants to see your response in an interview. Its standard stuff. For those uber competitive people out there....dont worry....your HCE and GPA is mostly what is looked at NOT what you say in a small blurb of your life...thats just to determine if they can stand to be around you for 2 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found that info on their website under important dates...says early to mid October they will extend interviews. They have two sessions of interviews. One at the end of October and one in early November. I know everyone is excited and anxious to hear from them!! ☺

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived