2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

Hey allygator11! Congrats on the interview and good luck Friday!! Also, that I know of, there really is no way to prep for MMI other than the usual practicing questions and such. As everyone else has said, we had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I can't say too much. Just be yourself, articulate, and have fun with it! I really enjoyed their interview format as opposed to traditional.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let your hopes be crushed! I'm sure that as time goes on and some people get into their top choice, later interview spots will open up again. And I'm not sure, some schools save some spots for each interview, some people use their last interview specifically for the waitlist and some just do whatever they want haha I'm not sure what their policy is

One reason why they might have most interview dates filled and have not responded to many people yet could be the fact that they received over 3,200 applications this cycle (Record number). I personally haven't heard anything and was verified in late July. Having spoken to many people from different admissions committees from varying programs this is actually a nationwide trend in terms of more and more people applying to PA schools.  

Congrats on getting interviews! Couple things, keep checking that site that they gave you to sign up. Last year I randomly checked it a few weeks after I confirmed my interview and saw there was an opening for an earlier date, and snagged that one. People cancel all the time so just keep checking! That being said, we do have a handful of students in our class that got in from the February interview date, so don't worry too much!

I applied for the program late this cycle. RFU said they wouldn't look at my application until my GRE scores were in. I scored pretty low below 50%. I took the test Oct 13th and reported the scores. Not sure how long it will take them to receive. Everything else is good to go! I was verified by CASPA in September, and paid the $35 fee. Just waiting to hear back now. Hopefully I'll take it as a good sign I have not heard anything. I've seen a lot of people on this topic get accepted and decide to go elsewhere.

Good luck to you all!

Hey guys,

If youre worried about getting in on the waitlist, i was ranked 16 on the WL and I got in a month before school started so don't lose hope. They rank you after the last interviews in february, and then they have a phone status list you can call that is usually updated at the end of the week. I would say if youre ranked in the first 15 or so youre pretty safe, after that it gets iffy but still not impossible. Also, dont stress yourself out trying to compare stats. It just causes unneccesary stress. For those of you who get in, see you next year...probably!

Hey guys! I just interviewed here on Friday Oct 23rd. It was such a great experience, and I am hopeful to get an acceptance email soon! Just wanted to let you all know that are still waiting that they said they have received over 3400 applications so far this cycle!!! This makes their interview invites extremely competitive because they interview less than 200. I originally had a November interview date scheduled because it was the first available, but I emailed them to let me know if anything sooner became available. They did email me in regards to an opening in October and I was able to grab that spot! I definitely suggest emailing them or to keep checking the scheduler to see if anything opens because it can definitely increase your chances! Good luck :)

Question for any current Rosalind Franklin Students:

I submitted my application and got confirmation on July 16 and was told it would be 4-6 weeks. Now, a little over 3 months later, I still haven't heard anything and when I have called and emailed to ask if I am still being considered for admission I am told that my application is still under review. Is there something going on in the administration that is causing application review to take longer than normal or have I been essentially placed on a wait list?

Question for any current Rosalind Franklin Students:

I submitted my application and got confirmation on July 16 and was told it would be 4-6 weeks. Now, a little over 3 months later, I still haven't heard anything and when I have called and emailed to ask if I am still being considered for admission I am told that my application is still under review. Is there something going on in the administration that is causing application review to take longer than normal or have I been essentially placed on a wait list?

There are over 3400 applicants and about ten people in our faculty to go through them, on top of their teaching schedules and jobs outside of the program.

Archived