2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also getting anxious! I received my "complete application" email on June 18th, which said "Please allow 4-6 weeks for us to send you an email with an update regarding the status of your application". That would put me at any time between July 16th and 30th.

Rosalind Franklin likes to take their time and somewhat deceive you. I submitted late August last year and kept getting the "4-6 weeks we'll update you" on Sept 3, mid October, December 11, January 23, and then January 28 saying they were not able to offer me an interview this round. Since they utilize rolling admissions, the school fills early, but I'm hoping I submitted my application early! Hope this gives some of you a sort of snapshot of how they work.

Rosalind Franklin likes to take their time and somewhat deceive you. I submitted late August last year and kept getting the "4-6 weeks we'll update you" on Sept 3, mid October, December 11, January 23, and then January 28 saying they were not able to offer me an interview this round. Since they utilize rolling admissions, the school fills early, but I'm hoping I submitted my application early! Hope this gives some of you a sort of snapshot of how they work.

Thanks for the info Brian!

Congrats to all that just got an interview!

I'm a first year student at Rosalind Franklin. Last year, one of the now second year students reached out to those that were applying, so I figured I'd do the same for you! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me! Good luck!

I'm a first year student at Rosalind Franklin. Last year, one of the now second year students reached out to those that were applying, so I figured I'd do the same for you! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me! Good luck!

Hello I just applied and received an email on July 30th asking me to wait 4-6 weeks. When was your application complete according to RFUMS? Also do you happen to know how they evaluate applicants? What do they consider heavily vs not so much when looking at an applicant? 

Hello I just applied and received an email on July 30th asking me to wait 4-6 weeks. When was your application complete according to RFUMS? Also do you happen to know how they evaluate applicants? What do they consider heavily vs not so much when looking at an applicant?

I believe I submitted my application mid July, and went through one round of the "please wait 4-6 weeks". If you got this email, don't worry! They just told us that they're well over 2000 applications right now, and that's a lot to sift through!

As for what they consider... I don't have the inside scoop on that unfortunately, but I'd check out the class stats page on their website. You should be good if you are around or above that average! I do remember them stressing needing to be above the 50th percentile on the GRE though. HCE is important, as well as having a diverse and interprofessional background (they LOVE interprofessionalism here). Of course, the interview is very important too!

The only other piece of advice I have is if you get an interview invite, you will be able to choose from a few different dates. Choose an early option because it is a rolling admissions process! I was invited in September or October I believe, but couldn't make any of the earlier dates so I interviewed in December. Fortunately they let you know very quickly after your interview (I found out in about a week, maybe less) but it did make me nervous because more than half the class was full at that time! Piggybacking on that, if you are wait listed ...don't worry. There are a lot of students in our class that got in off the wait list!

I just confirmed my interview on Friday August 28! What can I expect on the day of the interview, i.e.. what kinds of questions? Thank you!

Arsala, I'm not a student but I believe I have read in previous threads that they do the MMI method and they make people sign an agreement not to share the questions. I'm pretty sure that was for Rosalind Franklin, but I read it awhile ago so I might be confusing schools haha

I just confirmed my interview on Friday August 28! What can I expect on the day of the interview, i.e.. what kinds of questions? Thank you!

As khartma1 said... We signed a confidentiality agreement when we got there, so I can't share much about those questions (the company that invented the MMI makes everyone sign these). You can look up info on medical school MMI questions and that should give you a good idea of what to expect! It's fast paced and fun. As for the rest of the day, you will have a tour and be able to ask questions to current students (I'll be there!)

Archived