2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my invitation today via email, so excited! I chose the Jan. 15th date - I look forward to meeting you guys. I'm coming from the west coast so any advice/recommendations on cheap lodging and transportations would be greatly appreciated :)

A lot of us stayed in the Courtyard Mariott in Waukegan last year for interviews and second look day. It's super nice and they have a shuttle to the university if you ask! I'm fairly certain they have a discount for Rosalind interviewees too!

Congrats to everyone that was accepted today!

@twonfields: don't give up- if you haven't gotten a rejection letter from them yet, it means you're still in the pool for consideration. I'm also a second year applicant and while the waiting game (and the rejection game) can be really hard on the ego and can make you start to doubt yourself, it WILL happen for you someday. I just keep telling myself I will appreciate it that much more for having to work so hard and wait so long for it, and in the end it will give me more motivation to continue improving myself as an applicant. If this is your dream, don't give up on it! You can do it!

If you get a chance to interview do it as soon as possible. They have rolling admissions. I signed up sept. 25th and then go a call the day before the aug. Interviewsl they had an opening and I took it.

They use the MMI. Idk if you can really prepare for it. I drove down right after the phone call I got and I got accepted. My point it if you feels it's too soon. It might not be. Your chances of getting on are better the sooner your interview.

Thanks for the advice!! I live all the way in Florida and already have another interview at a different school tomorrow, so this Friday really can't happen for me. I would love the oct 23rd slot but they were all full. Do you think I should email them and just say if they have an opening for oct 23rd to please let me know. It's just hard when trying to book a flight in advanced

PA.Med certainly,

CASPA calculated: cGPA:3.9, sGPA:3.97 (both are a little higher on my transcripts); submitted my app June 27th, verified July 9th,interview invite August 21st for the 28th, and accepted on September 16th

GRE scores: quantitative:153 (52%) verbal: 151 (50%) writing: 4.5. (80%)-all pretty average scores but decent for little preparation I guess haha

Healthcare hours: 2000 and counting (CNA in nursing home and HUC/CNA on ortho/cardiac unit) Hope this helps! Good luck!

Archived