2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, well I got two emails in between from them saying they were having technical difficulties and would send the supplemental application when they got them fixed. So I have a feeling it won't take quite so long for people who applied later. Thanks, good luck to you too!

I had the same as julieping.  I'm having trouble with the IBL question.  I have a concise 478 character answer prepared but I'm worried it's too short because 1. it's on the same page as the CASPA letter, and 2. the box is much larger than the 2500 character responses on the previous page.  Should I keep working this thing to make it longer at the risk of making it too wordy?

• 2 weeks later...

cGPA: 3.03

sGPA: 3.14

GRE: 316 (151 Q, 165 V, 4.0)

PCE: 15,480 (8 years Navy corpsman and 3 years ED tech at Johns Hopkins, some time as an EMT as well)

HCE: 7,000 (Navy corpsman, Air Force Reserves)

Other work: 16,428 (5 years Deputy Sheriff, a few years doing odds and ends)

Shadow: 26

Research: 0

Volunteer: 352

GPA isn't the best, but one of Wake Forest's big draws (on top of their outstanding reputation and excellent program) was their holistic review.

Archived