2015-2016 Oregon Health & Science University Application Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently interviewed in the 23rd but haven't heard anything yet. They did say that because of Thanksgiving that it would take the committee a little longer than usual to get back to everybody, and I know that just just held another interview session on the 2nd so they're probably even more backed up. Hopefully some news will be coming soon!

Hey Guys! Stay positive and don't lose hope because you never know! I left my interview wishing I had said different things but it doesn't matter as long as you tried your best. Every candidate was so amazing, I seriously can't imagine how they narrow it down to just a few. So the best thing to do right now is to keep yourself busy doing something fun.

Hi guys, 

I heard back from Colleen today about decisions. Here's a direct quote:

"The committee is expected to meet and make additional decisions later this week and again next week.  Candidates we met in late November through mid-December will have their status updated by the end of next week."

Happy waiting everyone and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here in Portland a few days before my interview on January 6th. Is anyone else with this late interview date in town?

A word of advice for anyone traveling here... there is snow everywhere! It snowed for the past couple days and it's pretty cold so make sure to dress warmly!

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was not able to apply last summer, but will be applying this coming summer. I'm hoping some of you might be able to tell me what OHSU values most in applicants. I've heard things like: well-rounded, great hce, volunteer hours, etc...

Anyone know how picky they are about grades? I've heard that if you have great hce, then B's in your prereq's are ok. That true? Also, any advice for the upcoming application?

Greatly appreciated thanks!

Archived