2015-2016 Oregon Health & Science University Application Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just putting this out there... I am super excited for the upcoming months!! I really hope we can use this forum as a way to support each other through the application process and alleviate some of the anxiety. Who has submitted their application? Anyone have previous experience applying/interviewing?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I submitted today! CASPA says it could take up to 4 weeks for the program to receive the submitted application, though, so I'm focusing on being patient.

Is OHSU your top choice @lanime? Have you applied to many other programs as well? Is this your first cycle?

@didymus: Awesome and good luck to you! I am only applying to a handful of schools that I truly have an interest in going to based on reputation, program structure and location. So, yes, OHSU is among my top choices.

Thankfully I have a lot going on this summer... so hopefully the waiting won't be too bad. I look forward to hearing updates from you!

I'm also applying this cycle! I applied last cycle and received a secondary but not an invite to interview. Hoping for better luck this time around :) My CAPSA was verified today... Now it's just the waiting game. Good luck guys!! 

I am interested in learning more about other people applying (seeing as how we may be future classmates...).  Maybe people could post a little info about themselves while we wait?

Where are you from/living?

I'm from Utah, currently living/working in Boston

What is your current job and/or HCE?

I am a nurse

What sort of things do you do for fun, or do you have any trips planned for the summer (to calm the nerves while waiting, haha)?

I love anything outdoors... camping, hiking with the dogs, and kayaking!

Feel free to add to the list!

Stoked for everyone who is applying and I really hope we get to meet at the interviews.

I am interested in learning more about other people applying (seeing as how we may be future classmates...).  Maybe people could post a little info about themselves while we wait?

Where are you from/living?

I'm from Utah, currently living/working in Boston

What is your current job and/or HCE?

I am a nurse

What sort of things do you do for fun, or do you have any trips planned for the summer (to calm the nerves while waiting, haha)?

I love anything outdoors... camping, hiking with the dogs, and kayaking!

Feel free to add to the list!

Stoked for everyone who is applying and I really hope we get to meet at the interviews.

You're my activities twin! ;) 

I'm from Reno, Nevada. I currently work as a medical scribe and I love camping and hiking with my dogs as well.  :)

Verified today!

Let's keep each other posted as communication starts coming in from OHSU.

For those of you who applied last cycle, how was the communication from the program? Were they relatively quiet, or did they send out regular updates?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I am applying this year too.  I just got the email from OHSU saying your application is now complete and will be forwarded to the PA Admissions Committee for review.  So excited this is finally happening!!! Anyone else hear anything?

I received that email today also. Glad I finally heard something!

Archived