didymus

2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

Hey all,

For those interviewing, where are you staying? Also how do you plan to get to campus? Im thinking about the Duke Tower and then just walking to campus which should a be 15-20 min walk. Also I'll probably fly in at 11:30PM the night before my interview. Would it be simple to get a cab or something to Duke Tower? Do my travel plans seem ok? Thanks!

I haven't interviewed at Duke, but with my experience from my first PA school interview, I highly advise against flying in that close to your interview unless you absolutely have to. Due to maintenance issues and flight delays that were out of my control, I missed my connecting flight and was actually stuck in the airport until the next morning. Fortunately I had left a "buffer" day, otherwise I would've arrived 2 hours before my interview that morning. I've flown to 3 interviews so far and you just never know, flying is unpredictable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Anyone under review around the 25th of September receive an interview invitation yet?

No :(. It looks like they have only reached September 14th. I went under review the 28th and still waiting. Good luck! If you hear something keep up posted!^_^

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello future classmates!

I submitted my CASPA 8/14

it was received by Duke 9/8

Supplemental app submitted 9/20

Complete email received 9/21

Good luck to everyone! Will post with updates. These previous posts have really helped me with knowing what a realistic timeline is so keep it up! :)

My application is "under review" as of 10/12!

For this of you who have interviewed, how is parking at the Physician Assistant program building? Is there ample free parking or would I have to purchase a guest parking pass for the day? 

Thanks!

The PA program is located in downtown Durham and not on the Duke university or medical center campus. There are reserved guest spots for people interviewing right outside the door you will enter for your interview.

• Upvote 1

Hey all,

For those interviewing, where are you staying? Also how do you plan to get to campus? Im thinking about the Duke Tower and then just walking to campus which should a be 15-20 min walk. Also I'll probably fly in at 11:30PM the night before my interview. Would it be simple to get a cab or something to Duke Tower? Do my travel plans seem ok? Thanks!

I stayed at aloft durham. It just opened so the rates were very reasonable for the quality of the hotel. It was less than a half mile from the program- I just walked there that morning which kept things simple 

CASPA submitted: July 25

CASPA verified: August 4

Duke received: August 7

"Duke PA Application is complete": August 12

Under review by Duke: September 18

• Upvote 1

CASPA submitted: August 26

Duke received: September 8

"Duke PA application complete" email: September 14

Under review by Duke: PENDING (anxiously)

GPA: 3.3/ 3.85 Science

GRE: 146Q, 156V, 4.0

HCE: ~1,800 (EMT, ER TECH, Urgent Med)

About 8 years in the Army as an Engineer Officer

Has anyone received an interview invite for November yet?

Congrats to everyone accepted!

• Upvote 1

I've been obsessed with checking my email too! I tell myself I have to wait until certain times of the day to check it in order to try to keep the obsession under control. This process has been an emotional roller coaster! Right? Well deserved congratulations to those interviewing and to those accepted! And all the best to everyone else out there going through this grueling process. You're not alone!

Here's my situash:

CASPA Verified              07/09

Duke Supplemental         08/12

Under Review Email       08/19

No other news since         :-(

• Upvote 2

Has anyone received an interview invite for November yet?

Congrats to everyone accepted!

Jdizzl11, 

Yes. I have an interview scheduled for Nov 19th. 

Congrats! When did you receive it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was contacted yesterday. Anyone else going that day? If so, perhaps we could share cabs.

I was contacted yesterday. Anyone else going that day? If so, perhaps we could share cabs.

Congratulations!!! When did you receive your "application being reviewed email" ?

Congratulations! Which day did you interview? I interviewed on Thursday last week, still nervously waiting.

I interview on the 13th and found out the 19th I got in.

• Upvote 1