2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

Anyone apply in May? Have you heard anything yet?

I was verified from CASPA May 22. I called to make sure my application had in fact been received because I hadn't heard anything and was reassured that they had my application but were waiting to send out supp apps until end of June or beginning of July. She said if I hadn't received anything by July to check in on it again.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was verified from CASPA May 22. I called to make sure my application had in fact been received because I hadn't heard anything and was reassured that they had my application but were waiting to send out supp apps until end of June or beginning of July. She said if I hadn't received anything by July to check in on it again.

Thank you!

I just spoke with her and she said they are going to start uploading CASPA apps on Monday and we should be receiving a supp app shortly after that! Yay!!! So excited!!!

SUPPLEMENTAL APP ESSAY QUESTIONS... 

In addition to academic and professional health background experiences, the P.A. Program is interested in life experiences which have been formative to your growth as a person and in definition of life goals. Please use the space below to describe any experience of personal significance to you. This essay is required.  
Limit 2500 characters (about 250 words).

---------------------

Additional information about work and education experience 
Do you have any gaps in employment and education experience which are three months or greater? YesNo  
If yes, please explain:  
Limit 1000 characters (about 100 words). 

------------------

Many times applications leave a candidate feeling that important areas of concern have been passed by. Please use the space below for any additional statement you feel is indicated. This question is optional and intended only to give each candidate full opportunity for self-expression. Limit 1000 characters (about 100 words).

Can anyone explain how to enter the credits in the transcript section? I took 8 credits at a regional campus and 128 from the main campus. However, all of the credits are listed on one transcript and there is no indication as to which classes were taken at which campus. Should I still split up the credits under the different campuses when I list them on the application? I don't want to list them the wrong way and make it confusing for adcoms.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey question! So on the supplemental application, under PA shadowing experiences it states to "like all shadowing experiences...etc" but the title is PA shadowing experiences, so do I list all shadowing experiences in general like doctors..etc or do i just list shadowing PA experiences??

Hey question! So on the supplemental application, under PA shadowing experiences it states to "like all shadowing experiences...etc" but the title is PA shadowing experiences, so do I list all shadowing experiences in general like doctors..etc or do i just list shadowing PA experiences??

I think this came up in previous forums, you are supposed to list all shadow experience even though it is labeled PA shadow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I included all of my shadowing experiences, and just made sure to indicate whether the provider was a PA-C, MD, DO, etc. Hope this helps! 

Hello all,

Working on finishing up this supplemental application. Anyone hear back yet about anything? Best of luck to all of you!

Good luck to you as well. Duke doesn't start calling for a while do we are all in the waiting game :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived