I've been accepted at Emory and George Washington University. I already put a deposit down on Emory and the $1000 deposit for GWU (and decision) is due on Friday. I'm having a hard time deciding which school to choose. Both are ranked #4 by US News & World Report and are older, well-established programs. I'm running out of time to make my decision!
- 29 months, starting in August
- slightly cheaper tuition than GWU
- all classes taught separately from med students
- had a wonderful interview experience, very impressed with faculty, students, and support staff
- located in Atlanta (lower cost of living)
- 24 months, starting in May
- have heard rumblings of problems within the program (professor fired after a semester of absenteeism)
- some classes taught in conjunction with med students (but PA students given different exams)
- used MMI, interview experience felt very impersonal
- located in DC, a city that I know and love, also have several friends in DC
- would graduate/become a PA 8 months sooner (due to program start date and shorter program length
Any advice would be much appreciated. I am leaning towards Emory, based on my interview experience and information from Emory PA alumni.