2015-2016 Yale University Application Thread

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the upcoming interview!  This was my 3rd interview and it was easily the least stressful of all of them.  You got the sense that the program just wants to get to know you as a person, and that they also want you to experience the school.  They are selling you on the school just as much as you are selling yourself.  And they do a great job.  Every single staff member, as well as the current students we met with, were personable and made me feel comfortable.  The interview itself, which is only 30 minutes, feel more like a conversation than an interview.  Aside from the 30 minute interview the rest of the day consists of an information session (lasts about an hour and was extremely informative), sitting in on a class with first year students, lunch with interviewees and several current students (1st, 2nd and 3rd years), a campus tour, and the opportunity to ask any final questions at the end of the day.

In terms of general advice just relax and be yourself.  When you sit down for the one on one interview you will discover that they have really taken the time to get to know you from your application (As much as is possible).  They asked me very specific questions, mostly related to my CASPA essay, but it wasn't done in a way that made me nervous.  It made me feel like they cared about getting to know me.  

Best of luck to you!

@patrickbaylor said it well- it was an awesome interview experience. Loved the program! 

Does anyone know how late in the year they do their interviews till? Haven't heard anything since my application complete email on Oct 1.

Thanks!

There are 3 interviews left. 2 this week and 1 next week. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

@knightleyspirate – major congrats on your decision! That's awesome that you heard back so quickly too. From what I've been reading, it sounds like most of the others who've gotten news on here didnt hear back for at least 1-3 weeks after the interview.

To all those of you still waiting just like me - best of luck to you! :-)

@AzDL: Congrats! That's so great! :-D

@MD93: When I interviewed - the Program Director and the Admissions Director talked to our group at the end and said that the amount of time before hearing back could really vary. They did mention that by mid-to-late November (around Thanksgiving) most applicants would have a good idea if they were accepted, waitlisted, or not accepted. They also said that the waitlist itself can move all the way til just before the incoming class starts. Hope that helps!

So - not much to do for now except practice patience. :-)

Good Luck, everyone!

Archived