2015-2016 Wichita State University Application Thread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't made it off the alternate list so it looks like we're back at it again...good luck.

PS...did you hear Dan Bequillard resigned?

Sorry you didn't get moved off the list! Though I have heard stories of people being accepted the week before classes started.

I heard about the PD resigning. I wonder what happened.

Anyway, are you applying to several programs this cycle? I made the mistake of only applying to WSU last year, so I have added 10 more programs to my list. This cycle needs to be high yield for me.

I also only applied to WSU last year...my husband is now on board to opening up the school selections so I'm a little more hopeful. Where else are you looking?

I have no idea what happened with the changes...I think I'll go to the info session (july?) and see how it's looking.

I look forward to chatting with you again this round ;)

• 2 weeks later...

also only applied to WSU last year...my husband is now on board to opening up the school selections so I'm a little more hopeful. Where else are you looking?

I have no idea what happened with the changes...I think I'll go to the info session (july?) and see how it's looking.

I look forward to chatting with you again this round ;)

It sounds like we have a lot in common! My wife is on board this year to opening up the school selections as well, so I have added 10 additional programs to my list on top of Wichita State (Yale, Northwestern, RFU, Duke, Wake, UNC, GWU, OHSU, Utah, and UC Denver). What about you? Where else are you applying?

If you go to the information session, will you please report back to us what you learn? I could see that being really helpful for those who don't get the opportunity this year to go to one.

I look forward to cheering you on this cycle!

• 2 weeks later...

Didymus, thanks for starting this thread.

I submitted my application last week.

I've been eyeing this program for the past two years, but could not apply last cycle because I did not have all pre-Reqs completed.

I wish everyone the very best! I know what it's like to feel disappointment (I was the only person in my pre-professional courses NOT to get accepted last cycle.)

• 1 month later...

To everyone who did not get in the first time: did you get any feedback as to what needed to be changed to be competitive for this application cycle? I am only applying to WSU, and am extremely nervous because the acceptance rate (to any PA program) is so low, and my science GPA is below average. Has GPA been a large determining factor for anyone?

They no longer provide feedback to those who didn't make it (they were getting too overloaded).

WSU is very hard to get in to but keep trying and taking classes/volunteering if you don't get in...I've heard it takes 2.7 tries on average to get in!

The supplemental contains some extra questions (short answer) and the supplemental fee.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for applying next year and trying to have some shadowing experience. Can anyone help me to find a PA here in Wichita? I have been contacting few PAs looking their contact but never get any reply. I would highly appreciate if you know any PA who is willing to be mentor. Thanks guys and good luck.

Archived