Earthquake in Nepal

To jmj11:

Please post the organization name and address so that I may send a donation.  Thank you.  If you go, Godspeed, and to all others here who join this effort too.

There are two that I've been talking to today. Himalayan Health Care (  www.himalayanhealthcare.org )and NYC Medics ( https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/nycmedics?utm_source=NYC+Medics&utm_campaign=6b6ca1b0e1-Nepal_14_25_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eba2b1dc87-6b6ca1b0e1-674422969 )

Out of curiosity, how does the time off from employment work out? ie a natural disaster randomly occurs and tell said employer I'm leaving to help out? - or are you using up your vacation days?

I have to cover all my shifts and if I want $ I have to use vacation time (or I can take unpaid). when I can't cover the days (like for vanuatu) I can't go.

I work with a group of 15 PAs, so most of the time I can find coverage unless it is over a holiday, sprong break, etc.

If it is for DMAT (federal team) your work HAS to let you go(just like army, natl guard, etc).

Archived